Shockwave is not 140 million years old

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

Okay so during the fall of cybertron panel I asked Eric that since shockwave had records of dinosaurs on earth and sludge's and slag's beast modes were from 140 million earth years ago would shockwave be at least 140 million years old? And Eric told me that shockwave was not that old and that he probably just stole the records and that they were made by other bots from those times.

2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, nice continuity error paved over.

Anything else that was interesting?

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really wish they had claimed Shockwave got the dinobot idea from fossils. I HATE the whole civil war and life spans lasting millions of years...

10,000 years is a REALLY LONG FREAKIN TIME! All of human history is 10,000 years. From the wheel to the internet.

Millions of years is just retarded...

But yeah, I didn't expect them to care much about the dinosaurs being from different eras. That sounds like a very non-answer just to shut the question up.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing that everyone, or just about everyone, left Cybertron anyway, why not just say yes. With the Autobots and Decepticons in stasis after their crash on earth, why not just say that Shockwave, and whoever else was left on Cybertron also went into stasis the moment all fighting stopped?

Why not have the remaining Decepticons operate much like the Insection in Transformers prime--awake only when their a disturbance?

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Because Shockwave strikes me as the type who's a little more ambitious than to just let himself go into stasis.

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I think Shockwave of all bots would relish a vast stretch of time alone, allowing him to experiment and plot...

7. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Agreed. Also he could just be analyzing data from old recon probes and what-not.

8. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I would have actually preferred a time travel explanation over this. So far the oldest established age for a TF was around 8 Million years - at a bare minimum Shockwave would need to be 64 million years old if he himself saw dinosaurs (which still wouldn't account for Snarl since he's a Jurassic dinosaur).

Another, cooler explanation in my opinion is that Shockwave was able to somehow view the events on earth with an incredibly powerful telescope... and that Earth is over 64 million light years from Cybertron, and therefore he was say what was happening on Earth 64 million years ago. The telescope is still very hokey, but I still think it would be a better explanation.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think examining fossil records is the best explanation.

10. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

65.5 Million years actually. Although HMS said to disregard the innaccuracies of the age of the dinosaur species relative to one another.

I mean, if this is a universe where giant mechanical aliens exist, then why not make it a universe where Stegosaurs lived until the Cretaceous?

11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Strange, I don't know what prompted me to say 64 instead of 65. Well, if we want to be cheeky about it, we could also simply say that Stegasaurs weren't extinct by then but just rare enough that we haven't found Cretaceous era fossils of them.

12. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

Possible, after all, they found Dicynodonts (a Synapsid clade that supposedly went extinct by the end of the Triassic) in Early Cretaceous rocks from Australia.

But I do prefer the alternate universe where Stegosaurs survived till' the Cretaceous theory, they'd be hard for Shockwave to see otherwise, right?

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But you see, SPACE T-REX.

14. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Oh hey, how about this? Ancient Cybertronians visited Earth and collected some specimens and brought them back to Cybertron for study, along with other creatures from other worlds. Then we can later introduce the Terrorcons, Sky Lynx, and the Monsterbots also!

Or Shockwave saw the dinosaurs in a galactic circus/carnival once?

[​IMG]

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well he's still younger than any member of the Rolling Stones.

16. Asterios

Asterios Well-Known Member

Well the only thing I know about Shockwave is Megatron left him in charge when he went after the Autobots fleeing Cybertron.