Customs: Shockwave HELP!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Spyne98, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I started working on a custom Shockwave for myself. So far, all I have done are repaints but I figured how hard could this be. I got had an Energon Shockblast sitting around and I picked up an extra Drop Shot. All I wanted to do was take off Drop Shot's arms and use them for Shockwave. I began unscrewing the bodies, not too hard. I had the arms ready to go when it all went to hell. Drop shot's arms broke (as the picture below shows). Is there any way to keep going with the arms like this? Should I look for a new Drop Shot? Does anyone have extra arms that are already off the figure? If you could help at all, I'd be so happy! Look how sad Shockwave looks all armless and not painted.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What are your plans of connecting the arms to the Shockblast body? Depending how you connect them, you may not be in trouble here at all.

3. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The plan was to use the little pole from the arms (that has now snapped off) and plug them into the body. I'm not ever sure that would have worked. As I said, this is really my 1st time taking stuff apart and putting it back together. I feel like starting with a pretty costly figure was a bad idea. Any suggestions?

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Take a look at mine (which I haven't touched in like 2 years :( ) and FrenzyRumble's:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/295738-classic-shockwave.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/220060-classic-shockwave.html

I think I had to cut away a little from the brown plastic on Drop Shot to make it fit and cut notches out to fit the black ratcheting piece from Shockblast. I kinda forget since it's been so long and it's at home right now.

I also bought an extra Sixshot on eBay cheap so I could do it for both shoulders. The gun arm shoulder versus the regular arm shoulder are built differently and I don't think it would work otherwise without more fabrication of the shoulder bits. I'm not saying it's not possible -- just a lot more work.

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing, I have one of these in progress too.

So...I think you should use the existing should part still attached to Shockwave and attach that to the shoulder part of Dropshot arms. You may have to carve out part of Dropshot's shoulder, but that seems like it is the easiest way out.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You can always use Energon Bulkhead's arms if you have one.
    His hands already turn into little cannons , you can just add to one of them with minimal cutting.
    His arms is an easy swap as well.

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Definitely go this route if you want a Shockwave that looks built, but not so beefy. Here's my own WIP I've had going for a few years now (didn't share any WIP on it until that thread in late 2010, but I started it back in '08 or '09):

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/316710-shockwave-wip.html

I did originally have Dropshot arms on mine a few years ago, but changed it once I saw what SentinelPrime did with his back in 2006 (you can see his thread linked in my WIP thread). I fit the Dropshot arms in by taking apart the shoulders of both Shocky & Dropshot, then cut a bit of the Dropshot shoulder (insides) down a bit to be able to screw into the Shockblast shoulder pads.

8. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I might go that way. It seems like it could work. Thanks everyone. If any one has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!

9. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

I used Classics voyager Prime on my Shockwave,IIrc I had to make the hole in the chest a little bigger for Prime's shoulder connection to fit.

I replaced the right hand with a MG gundam hand,and used the barrel of a MG gundam gun for the left gun arm.

10. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I had a spare Prime I'd go this route. I saw someone used a Prime on ebay and made a great Shockwave. I didn't win, haha.