Heavy/Scratch: Shockwave Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Roxxstar, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Roxxstar

Roxxstar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I'm working on this G1 Shockwave custom that will have more articulation and look better. Also adding LEDs and fixing the electrics. I'm changing a lot of the transforms to accommodate for the new articulations and moving the Battery from the back to inside the chest, which will flip forward. Here are some pics of the progress, you can see where I changed the torso, scratched a new knee joint/slide to widen the legs and still allow them to slide in, and a hinge that will flip the backpack up and down from gun to robot modes.

Ideas and critiques desired :) 

Oh, I am also turning the barrel into a shield that slides along the forearms between modes.

edit-typo...

Attached Files:

2. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks really promising. You have a tough work ahead.

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i love me sum upgraded G1 Shockwave...love to see more, when you have more to share

4. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    Thanks guys, I hope this thing turns out as awesome as intended

5. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a very intricate and detailed plan you have going here, especially when your first custom was a Vortex (from the Bruticus Maximus set) repaint only a week or so ago.

Interesting...

6. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    Actually I started Shockwave before Vortex, but had to wait on some parts so decided to do the repaint and couldn't leave it unfinished. I agree its quite a complex undertaking, but I drew out a few designs, mocked them up with pieces of cardboard and adjusted from there. I have quite a few pages of drawings trying to figure out how to get this guy to do exactly what I want. I've already ran into a few design errors and redesigns, but as of right now there are only two speedbumps I have to smooth out; the trigger and the feet.

7. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    So I think I've figured out a solution to my trigger dilemma. The trigger will have a slide channel to rotate from a "crotch" position to the trigger position. The underside of the trigger will have a tab (A), which when moved will hook onto tab (B). Tab (B) will be the lever that shifts the electric connections together and will have a small spring for return.

Take a look, and let me know if you think the design will work as I think it will or if you have another idea. :) 

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:
    :drool: