Shockwave combining humans with transformer technology?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusskywalke, Jun 29, 2012.

1. optimusskywalke

optimusskywalke Well-Known Member

i was just watching DOTM reacently,and tought shockwave really needed a bigger part and more charchter devolepment.plus,some refrences to his being a sciencetist.so,how about when sentinel transports cybertron into earths athmosphere,and ultimetly the decepticons rule ther planet,to keep the human race under control while they rebuild cybertron,shockwave plans to combine humans with there own technology,while giving the humans better durability to cybertrons landscape,they could be under mind-control,like in g1.a docotr archivile charchter could have been introduced,it would have given shockwave more charchter devolepment,shown him to be more g1,made him look REALLY evil.this would have come into play around the 3rd act of the movie,where shockwave has some scenes with docotor archivile preforming experiments on human captives(with dillan,soundwave and laserbeak capturing some humans as labrats)and it would have added more drama in the end of the movie.what do u guys think?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like really bad fan-fiction to me.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

That actually would work with the Decepticons plan to enslave humanity. However there wouldn't really be any time to go anywhere with that plotline other than being something the Decepticons were planning but never get put into motion. That might make it seem like a bit of a letdown.

Personally, I just want to see him command the troops and organize their positioning after Chicago was conquered and direct them during the battle. Sort of like his Operations Commander role from G1. Megatron, with his wild mind, thinks up creative plots. Then Shockwave, with his logical mind, thinks up the strategies to carry them out.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you want him to make Dr. Archevile??

5. optimusskywalke

no,but have a doctor archivile type(or just docotr archivile)charchter,who is friends with dillan throigh his dads involvement in nasa,help shockwave.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Totally incompatible with the Bayverse concept of Shockwave.

Nice idea though.

7. optimusskywalke

yea,i was so excited about shockwave,and i am a really big bayverse fan,he really screwed up shockwave.he had a great degsin,but his voice,his lack of screen time,and his being just another normal decepticon(albeit a high ranking one),totally killed the charchter for me.loved driller tough

8. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Interesting.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really something that has any basis in what was actually on-screen, but I really wish the implications of cybertronian technology on human society (and human beings too, I guess) was something that was explored more deeply.

I could definitely be down with a plot that revolves around human experimentation by the Decepticons.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Would've been an interesting thing to suggest in the movie, but apart from riding around in a giant mechanical dick I doubt this version of Shockwave was much good for anything else.

11. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Finally, someone who agrees with Hazekiah. (no offense to Hazekiah)

12. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    You mean something like what happened to Sari in TF: Animated?

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    No, more like something what happened to Daniel in Rebirth or Hunter in IDW's Devastation.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Not necessarily an awful idea. But if this were the case you'd pretty much have to rewrite 85% of the movie, altering entire acts and essentially making it a completely different movie. Again, I'm not saying this is good or bad, merely saying that a lot of these "what if?"-scenarios aren't as easy as just "lol let's just add in this scene it'd totally work guise" that a lot of people seem to think it is.

What you suggest here is like saying "I just want to change Iron Man 2 a bit. Let's have Tony die at the racetrack battle and then come back to life because of a fail-safe program called 'Vision' that Obadiah Stane and Ivan Vanko worked on together and then Nick Fury and Black Widow can try to reintroduce this new Vision-Tony to society and it all ends at the Stark Expo with War Machine and Hank Pym". Or "I want wish they ended Jurassic Park with a battle between dinosaurs, bears and the military."... A bit more than a few strokes on the script, eh?

15. optimusskywalke

i see what u mean,but really a total script change?just myabe an extra conversation between megatron,sentinel and shockwave,a quick intro to doctor archivile,one or two very short scenes of the experimaenting 1 or 2 mins long each,and myabe the thing shockwave using to control them gettin busted in the end battle.but yea,i see ur point.thatd amount to myabe 6 to 7 minutes of extra footage.thanks for commenting tough,iv never used these treads before,startin to really like em:) 

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    If all you added was an extra conversation, or a short scene or two, it wouldn't really do the concept justice, and it wouldn't really fit into the overall story that well. It'd be another clumsy subplot in a franchise where those are a real weakness. Which is a shame, because it's an idea that has some meat on it.

It'd work a lot better in a new story or a complete redesign, especially given what we saw of shockwave in DOTM.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I dunno - maybe once the plan to use humans as slaves had been revealed Sentinel could've just thrown in a line such as "They will be used to rebuild Cybertron. After Shockwave has 'upgraded' the humans to make them suitable workers for the environment of course". Just toss in that with a nice sinister tone and not actually explaining what 'upgrading' is, but suggesting it's not something as nice as fitting humans out with steel toe-capped boots and a yellow hard hat.

Maybe not as much as the OP would like but at least the suggestion of it would have made it into the storyline in some small way. It's bad enough being enslaved, but to also have your body permanently changed in some mechanical Borg-like way just gives it an extra level of threat and even more of a need to win against the bad guys.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish they didn't bother with Shockwave in DOTM. There's just so much missed charecter development with what they did. We could have gotten Brainiac but instead we got Boba Fett.

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    True, but as Aernaorth said...

...if you wanted to have the OP's idea fleshed out and done in a proper way, it'd have to be more than just one line. If it's merely one line about how that's Shockwave's plan ("Lord Megatron, allow me to lead the scientific research division. I can find a way to make these worthless fleshlings more capable of the slave labor we need!"), and we never really focus or concentrate on the idea, then yeah, one line or a short scene could work. And that would've been cool. But if we actually wanted this idea to have it's own entire sub-plot in the movie and be as relevant as say, Sentinel's betrayal or the search to find the Matrix, that's where the extensive changes come in. It's already a crowded story as is, so some things would have to go (hopefully the useless human BS). It's just that it doesn't really fit that well into the overall flow of the story and characters without rearranging a lot of things, if you wanted the whole "entire subplot"-route.

As I said above, if you simply wanted Shockwave to mention this plan in passing, then yeah, a single line or short scene could work. :)  But if you actually wanted to see that entire concept come into play, then that's where things get more difficult than just "add a line".

And for the purposes of the movie, that's really all we needed. We've got Sentinel, Megatron, Dylan, Starscream and Shockwave, etc.. aka, The Emperor, Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Jabba and Bobba. Various antagonists serving different purposes to varying degrees. If Shockwave was "Brainiac", as you say, then we're continuing with the already-present 'too many cooks in the kitchen'-trend. Sentinel's got his plan, Megatron's got his part to play, if Shockwave was also one of the top bad guys with his own objectives as people say, it's sort of like having The Emperor, Darth Vader, Darth Vader and Darth Vader as the main bad guys?

I'll admit that Shockwave could've been better, yes. His role could've been more significant, etc., but it wasn't. At this point it's like saying that the Jabberwocky should've been in the entire movie of Alice in Wonderland or that Abu Bakaar in Iron Man should've had more time to shine as the villain. But that's the point: they're NOT the main antagonists. They're supporting roles at best.

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maybe it could've at least been explored and expanded on in a movie tie-in comic. Better than nothing.