Customs: Shockwave Arms

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Spyne98, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi everyone! I have seen many, many Shockwave customs on here. I just ordered myself an Energon Shockblast with the intent of painting him up and turning him into a Classics Style Shockwave. I plan and changing out his arms since the giant cannon is too big and the other arm is a bit goofy looking. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good pair of arms to use? I was thinking classics Megatron, but he's quite expensive and I don't have an extra one laying around. Also, how would you go about adding his gun hand? Thanks for the help in advance!

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I've seen people use Cybertron Scattershot and Classics Jetfire/Treadbolt to great effect, there are lots of alternatives. Solrac333 is the man for this custom, so check his threads out, he has a selection that he has done using different arm configurations. Though it has been done by several folks, so a search in the Radicons forum will turn up lots of results with hints in each. Good luck with this, I never get tired of this custom.

3. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    i used universe 2.0 countdown/cybertron defense red alerts arms.
    not as bulky but still nice.

i haunt work out the cannon part out yet tho but a lot of people use either g1, alternators or just make their own cannon from scratch

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Here's a link to my old Shockwave WIP. I originally started out using the Universe Dropshot arms, but didn't like how large and bulky they were, so I changed it out when I found an old customs thread from '06. It inspired me to change the arms out. The arm cannon tip is from one of the flip-out guns on Classics Jetfire (his backpack).

I did start painting on this a bit, but haven't finished or taken any new WIP shots on it. It's still on the WIP shelf though! lol

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/316710-shockwave-wip.html

5. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also used Dropshot's arms. They worked great.