Shockwave and Megatron. Who's the bigger threat?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Just Shockwave and Megaton. Not Shockwave's armada, not whatever army Megatron has. Just the two.

Who do you think will be the bigger threat?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would like to say Shockwave.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Movie Megatron has proven to be a savage warrior who while intelligent is fairly vicious and happily runs into battles. Megatron's a truck.

Shockwave on the other hand is a logical thinker and thinks before he leaps. Bay said Shockwave is more vicious then Megatron, however. Shockwave's a Cybertronian tank.

I think the more active threat is Megatron, since he happily runs to kill you without a second thought. But Shockwave is the more dangerous threat. Shockwave is more reserved and may spare you for the moment if he thinks it's beneficial, but when provoked he's more vicious then Megatron.

So I think Shockwave may be more dangerous, since he's more unpredictable, and may kill you at any moment when you're least expecting it. You already know Megatron will kill you the moment he lays eyes on you.

4. TheRubberbandit

TheRubberbandit Banned

shockwave and megatron

You make them sound like mindless animals LOL but cool idea :p  but Megatron hasnt always just ran into battles he spared Sam in the first movie when they were on the roof

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    You really think Megatron would've let Sam live? :inquisiti  Megatron just told Sam, "I'll let you be my pet" so he would possibly trick Sam into trusting Megatron and hand over the AllSpark. And did you NOT see Megatron a moment later happily knock him off the building?

And he is battle-happy. When he gets into a battle, we've seen him kick ass in an adrenaline rush. He lets his own hate and adrenaline cloud his mind about the odds in the fight he's going into - he tackled Prime in the forest, tackled him again at the pyramid, and tried to counterattack even when Prime blew his face off. And it took a LOT of firepower to get Megatron to retreat after he "killed" Sam.

6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

brain > brawn

but shockwave is capable of both brain and brawn (kinda like animated shockwave)

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Megatron!!!!!!!!!!!! He's more vicious.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, I would say that analyzing on a short-timespan way, Megatron is more dangerous, he will wreck a havoc upon everything, bring chaos, kill a shitload of people and wound other shitload, he will sacrifice everything he has for victory, one thing is sure: You won't leave a battle with him unscathed, but you will probably win [with severe losses, however].

Shockwave, on the other hand, is usually a more long-timespan menace, he has to plot everything carefully, every single aspect before he start to move the chess pieces around [while Megatron's plan for everything is basically "blow up stuff until we win"], while it takes time for Shockwave to act, every time Shockwave actually tries something is something REALLY FREAKING BIG [see the DOTM teaser, where he accomplished more in a 30-second teaser than Megatron and The Fallen in the firt two movies combined].

There's also that thing: As soon as Megatron can do something, he will, and he won't back down until the death of him of his enemy [see first movie, where he jumped into a war against the Autobots within minutes after being de-freezed].
    Shockwave is more a calm planner, he will see the pros and cons in his plan, THEN do something that will screw his enemies up.

Physically, Megatron seems to be a bigger threat, as he won't retreat until his own death or yours [and he is more brutal].
    Shockwave is more likely to retreat and plan something else.

In shorter words: Megatron is a Leroy Jenkins whose plots are Attack, Attack, Attack!, he will waste everything he has [incluiding his own life] to screw you up without thinking on the consequences, Shockwave is a Chessmaster whose plots are Xanatos Roulettes and he will often try to win with little damage to him or his troops as possible.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Do we even know anything about Movie Shockwave's personality?

10. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Shockwave. Because of this single most valuable reason:

He's the new villain for the final movie.

11. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i say megatron. yes, shockwave is a walking computer, but if i see megatron standing on one end of the street and shockwave on the other id be running to shockwave. at least he wont "KILL you, slowly....painfully...". he would kill you quick and prisise for efficeintcy.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    according to "rising storm" it seems shockwave is more deadlier, but im still saying megatron is more deadly. he acts immediately and harshly(he even uses cheap shots...that are pretty damn affective!).but even though you said "just megs and shockwave", i think BLACKOUT can fuck anyone and ANYTHING up!!! :D 

13. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Nope lol, all we know from Michael bay himself is that Shockwave is "bad" and that "he has a bigger gun than Megatron". lol

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it, it's kind of hard to say. Megatron's obviously gonna want revenge for what Optimus did to him, so I'm guessing he'll be in a "show no mercy" state of mind throughout the whole movie, possibly killing anything that gets in his way. Then we have Shockwave who's obviously more heavily armed. I dunno, I just hope the two duke it out to see who's stronger.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Now, Megatron has proven how dark and powerful he can be, but just by looking at Shockwave's art I'm leaning more towards Shocky being the heaviest hitter this time.

To me it feels as if he's in place when Megatron can't get a job done.
    But honestly The Fallenn would have been my preferred boss, oh well.

16. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Megatron

17. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Starscream.

18. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah The Fallen was also the main villain in ROTF and look how long he lasted!

In all honesty though I'd say Megatron. Hes just a vicious monster who wont think twice about killing you, and hes tough as hell and wont give up unless he really has to. Plus besides few comments from Bay and the comics we still don't know all that much about Shockwave. But overall I'd say Megatron is more of the "in the moment" type threat like at the end of the first film and Shockwave is the long-term threat since he plots things out and thinks logically.

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Starscream,

20. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Without knowing more about movie Shockwave, hard to say. He may turn out to be quite different from his cold, calculating, logical G1 version and end up coming across as more of a beserker and trigger-happy. Maybe not that much different from movie Megatron in how he dishes out punishment and operates.

I'll hazard a guess though: if Megatron's been in hiding, Shockwave may enter initially to fill the void in leadership of the Decepticon forces. When Megatron reappears, he may either fall into a position of a loyal and formidable General, which would maintain the status quo of Megatron being the biggest single threat to our heroes, or he may decide to betray Megatron, deeming himself more fit to lead the Decepticons than him, which would then create some interesting competition between Shockwave and Megatron for who turns out to be the bigger threat.