Minor/Repaint: Shockwave 66

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Slag66, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

FoC Shockwave looked ok, but the altmode kinda looks like a weaponized surfboard for Megs or something to me. Plus I wanted a Shockwave more suited to my tastes. Nothing really major here. Just added some paint & removed the wings. The eye just has the center yellow for now & may stay that way, unless I decide to attempt an led. Also have a couple alternative altmodes. A sortof turret mode & gun mode. Oh, & as another note, after getting the figure I see why a fellow member did a leg switch. However, and maybe its just me, I think the silver gives the legs a thicker look. Still needs a little touching up & I need a better camera, but here ya go.

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Really like what you did here, and the turret mode looks great. Personally, my biggest gripe about shocky is the lack of powerpack, and the gun. I am of the opinion that that much power he is supposed to control shouldn't come from three tiny barrels slung behind that emitter, or whatever it is.
    The wings on him remind me to much of being a seeker. Yeah, he's a scientist, but since when are scientists only winged vehicles? *rant ramble fuss and nonsense*

Short story long, I think you are right on the silver legs, it get them some nice depth.

3. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

Thanks. I'm thinking about adding the powerpack & definitely will if i do leds.

4. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

man this looks awesome, really liking the gun mode and turret mode. plus the paintjob looks great as well :thumb 

5. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great! The paint looks really well done as well. I like it!