Customs: Shockblast->shockwave, which arms?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ryan.j, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i'm going to do the eponymous shockblast/shockwave kitbash, but i'm not entirely sure which arms would fit best mechanically and aesthetically. universe jetfire's are looking the most likely candidate at the minute, retaining the original shoulders and bunging some magnetic articulated hands on (so i have a choice between gun-arm and 2x hands)

i did search, i found the guy who did the nice red one's thread where he used armada megs, but i know a lot of you have done this bash - what arms did you use?

(if you have a pair of suitable ones you could always drop me a PM too. ;) )

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

yep, i used armade megs. doesnt require any modifying. except there will be a small gap left in shockblast's shoulder, which can easily be covered up

3. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've read that Energon/Universe Barricade's arms are also a perfect fit.

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I haven't done the project myself, but I've seen all kinds of arms used. Classics Voy. Prime, Cl. Voy. Megs, Cl. Jetfire/Uni. Treadbolt...

All it really depends on is if they fit (which sounds as simple as being from a Voyager class figure), and if you like how they look.

6. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I used Classics Jetfire for the arms and ended up using a G1 Mirage shoulder cannon that was slightly modded for the gun hand. When I picked up Shockblast he was rather pricey so I only bought I which was a MAJOR fail on my part. I had to use Jetfires entire arms which seem a bit too narrow for his body in proportion to his thick legs. If I were ever to do this over again I'd DEFINITELY pick up a second Shockblast so I could use the shoulders and go frenzy_rumble's route with Dropshot/Overload for the arms. I think that the "bulkier" look for the arms evens out his legs.