Shipping your Transformers toys across the country

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xformermike, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

I'm looking for advice on shipping Transformers... I have a really huge collection and it's literally on the other side of the country. I live in Vancouver and my Collection is on the Eastcoast of Canada. All Transformers are wrapped in packing and placed carefully in rubbermaid bins. I have about 14-15 rubbermaid bins filled with them which amounts to around 2500+ in storage (the rest I have here in vancouver..)

I am incredibly afraid of shipping them. I don't want them damaged and I don't want ANY of them lost. Even with insurance it would be difficult to replace those specific childhood toys with fresh new ones.

Does anyone have an experience with this or have any good reliable ideas on how to ship them? Airplane FRAGILE, By land in a moving truck...? Which is the safest and most reliable way to do this? Advice, what not to do, etc etc.

Thank you in advance!

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    That is quite a predicament you got there. If it were me I would take them personally, but since you're so far that makes things a lot harder. I don't know how reliable the moving services are but it looks like that's your only option. Just make sure you pick a reputable company.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    ¬°ROAD TRiP!

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Given the amount you have and the likely costs to ship them, and your worries about getting them there safely I do have to wonder if you would consider flying to east coast of Canada and renting a truck ( Uhaul or the canadian equivlent) and driving them back your self.

it would mostly like cost you more to do it that way but you would be able to get it done your self and be sure none went missing.

or alternatively buying an inexpensive truck large enough to do the job and able to handle the journey and selling it for cheap when you got home and were done with it.

Given the costs of a truck rental + mileage it might be cheaper just to buy a cheap truck for the sole purtpose of moving your collection.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll go with the others. Take a week's vacation, fly to the east coast and drive them back. Rent a SUV or something all the rubbermaid bins can fit in. Will be much easier then a UHaul.