Shipping with HLJ to the UK!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So, I've got an order ready on Hobby Link Japan (why have I not been using this site all along!?) but I have no idea what the total shipping cost will be. Do they normally just add up everything you've ordered and that's it? Or is it normally less?

If it's the grand totaly, then maybe I won't order that Legends Devastator. From the looks of it, I could get Henkei Megs and Octane for around £45 delivered, which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

So, who's had experience and who has my answers?

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    idk about to the UK but once you complete the order youll get an email with a total price in it later on before you pay. but before that you can get an estimate by clicking on of there links on the complete order page. itll give you estimates based on the weight of the items. you just need to calculate it all yourself

3. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

orion got the just of it. usually they give you an estimate and its accurate enough. i ordered a figma figure and they calculated my shipping to be about 8 or 9 bucks so the total was around 40 dollars. when i got the bill it was about that amount. usually when you make an estimate it'll give you a good understanding of what to expect + or - a dollar or so.

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Further on this topic, can any UK posters comment on how tax is handled on import items (if at all)?

5. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I think they declared the actual item value, rather than recording it as a gift. You may hear from customs, you may not.

I've only ever used them for cheaper items though, so.I've never qualified for a heavy import tax.