Shipping question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Mar 28, 2007.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Long story short, I bought some TF's on ebay from a store in the Philipines. Shipping as stated in auction was $20 (since I got a good deal on item price kinda leveled out even), but it'll be 3 weeks until I receive it. I asked them about EMS and its another $16?? Is that right? I've had this TF before, the micromaster battleheadquarters, and I know it couldn't weigh that much even with packaging (no box included).

I normally don't care how long it takes for an item to get to me, but I just want to make sure it gets here (Insurance is not the issue as I'm interested in the toy more than getting money back for it being lost)

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    EMS IS expensive sometimes, My packages usually cost $90usd-$150 usd. Ems kicks ass thou.

3. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Depends on which EMS service you get. 36$ sounds about right for express shipping over that distance.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    $16 extra sounds a little high for the extra EMS shipping but still reasonable I think.

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the speedy replies:)  I've been looking forward to getting this for a while now and wanted to make sure it was the right price

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah EMS price differes. For example, EMS is cheaper than Airmail in Japan for some strange reason, but it's twice to 3 times more in Australia. Even online sotres don't use EMS here.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, EMS is really expensive. I've only shipped to Canada via EMS (at request) and depending on the package and weight of the package (same guy both times) it ranged from $16 to $25. But EMS includes tracking for free (better at that price) and the item is automatically insured up to $100. So, long story short, it might be a bit expensive, but it's well worth it if you want to get your item quickly and are worried about being covered and arriving properly.