Shipping at BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFFan2005, Apr 14, 2007.

1. TFFan2005

TFFan2005 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up about next day air with UPS and BBTS, I paid $53 for next day air Fri morn at 8 am. (for MP-05)

ROCKFORD,
    IL, US 04/14/2007 1:08 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    MINNEAPOLIS,
    MN, US 04/14/2007 1:57 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    MINNEAPOLIS,
    MN, US 04/13/2007 10:49 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    04/13/2007 10:16 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    04/13/2007 9:22 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    04/13/2007 8:14 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    BALDWIN,
    WI, US 04/13/2007 8:04 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    04/13/2007 7:12 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

The god damn thing is on the ground grrrrrrrrrrrrrr won't be here till monday. UPS next day air is the next work day! Oh yeah I'm kinda pissed! I WANT TO PLAY WIF MY TOY!

ok thank you for letting me vent!

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That's why I never pay extra for faster shipping. With my luck same would happen to me. Sorry about that.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Why not just pay $12 for regular UPS Ground? Is it really worth an extra $40 to get it two days sooner?

4. TFFan2005

TFFan2005 Well-Known Member

I wanted it the next day and it would have been here on fri if I had done it thurs
    but I ordered it on a loop hole I guess!

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You'll find the same thing happens with FedEx and USPS....never rush the shipping right before a weekend, because the weekend interrupts delivery, and a slower shipping option would likely arrive at the same time. The carriers know that if they can't deliver it on a Saturday or Sunday then they won't put it on the plane.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Overnight shipping is such a waste of money.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude the Money could of Gone too Better use Like Devastator or The New Alts.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    UPS Next Day Air is NEVER on a Saturday unless you pay extra for the shipping AND the shipper puts on a BRIGHTLY colored Saturday sticker on the package. When I worked for UPS it was $12.50 for just Saturday, not including the additional charges. By now it is likely $14.00 for Saturday delivery if not more. It is just not worth the price, unless you need documents, to pay for Next Day Air.

9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    You didn't know it was the next work day before it arrives? There is an option for Saturday delivery but I don't think BBTS offers it and if you think $53 is high then I wouldn't think about Saturday delivery. There are charts that can show you about how long it takes to receive or for a customer to receive from your location. Generally if the location is about 300 or so miles away it should arrive in one day. If ship you want to know just how soon you can expect a UPS Ground shipment go to the link below and type your zip code. Make sure it has to selected. I know this won't help now but maybe you or someone else can use it for future reference.

UPS Ground chart

10. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Put pressure on BBTS, saying you thought it was going to be sooner and wouldn't have paid so much if you knew it wouldn't get there til Monday. They could refund part of the shipping and put it back onto UPS. If you have proof it's on the road (seeing it stop in IL on the way to CO from WI is a bit off to me)

PS, it's a bit odd to expect something the next day. if you order it at 11:59, you're not going to have it tomorrow, no matter how much of a next day you're expecting : )

11. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Air freight should be on the plane at the closest airport to the package origin, then off the plane at the closest airport to the destination. All those arrival and departure scans show it was sent ground. If you paid for air freight, ask BBTS for a partial refund on the shipping. It obviously was not send the method you paid for.

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Actually since it shipped Friday and TFFan2005 said it showed it scheduled to arrive Monday it probable did go next day air. The only reason I think the extra stops are in there for is that the package does not need to be at the terminal to be shipped to TFFan2005 until tonight. It will probably arrive there tonight for delivery Monday which will still make it next work day. Also, BBTS is in Somerset, WI and TFFan2005 is in Colorado. According to the UPS chart that would be a 3 day delivery UPS Ground.

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I rather fail to see why BBTS should accept any responsibility here. Yes, they COULD maybe say "Next Business Day" to make it clearer, but honestly, this is not BBTS's fault, and your shipping speed is not necessarily your delivery speed from the time of order regardless, since it could take more than the same day to ship the order. If you're going to be upset with anyone, it should be taken up with UPS.

Basically. Also, they do not just put the package on a plane at the closest airport. It goes on a plane at the closest airport that the shipper has facilities to process it at. It will go by trucks to get there.

14. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve had shipping problem BBTS before; however, my situation was different! My package did not ship when the confirmation email said it did. I contacted customer service and told them about the situation. It actually worked out in my favor because I was able to take advantage of a better sale. The difference was credited to my account!

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Of course it's not gonna go to the small airports that only have those small planes and short runways. I didn't say the part about facilities, but it's implied. Really, who would've thought they would take it to an airport where they do not have a facility or jets? They gonna buy it a ticket for a passenger plane and put it in a seat? :rolleyes2  :throw 

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

All I can say to this is: patience. Wow.

17. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

^^In certain circumstances YES they do that. The package is billed similarly to that of extra luggage, when you exceed your weight alloted. Every major airport has some airline that UPS or USPS uses through a contract in shipping of mail. All mail is not flown through their own jets. I am a postal worker here in Bloomington, IN at the Woodbridge station. PM for all your shipping ?'s. One last thing, in terms of cost and length of time in transit, NOTHING BEATS SHIPPING THROUGH USPS. An item up to 2 pounds can be shipped priority mail for $4.5. It would have cost $30 to send MP-05 overnight express through PO.

18. Magnus Convoy

Magnus Convoy Active Member

Package shipped on Friday, will be delivered on Monday. That's Next Day service for UPS. If you would have had it shipped via USPS Express Mail, you would have had it delivered on Saturday.

UPS, FedEx and DHL DO NOT count Saturday and Sunday as normal delivery days. You order on a Friday, it won't be delivered on Saturday.

Not BBTS's fault at all and should not be liable for any refund to the purchaser. That's the way UPS was worked for over the 20+ years I've been dealing with them and its nothing new that they have started to do recently.

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I worked for FedEx, so I'm well aware of this. Almost all of the USPS's international mail gets flown over the wide open ocean in FedEx's planes. To my knowledge, FedEx flies all their freight in their own planes though. If it all wouldn't fit in one, they'd fly two jets. Fedex has either the largest, or second largest ( can't remember for sure ) fleet of jets in the world.

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was actually backing you up by elaborating for the guy who decided it must have gone ground. :rolleyes2 

So, yeah. You're basically agreeing with us then. You're saying it has to go to a major airport. Which means UPS or FedEx or whatever has arrangements there to get it on planes, whether it's their own or not.

Also, FedEx does deliver Saturdays as of the last time I read their info a couple months ago.