Shiny Transformers bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Forceman4077, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone else think that the shiny metal paint they are putting on some characters just looks bad? I'm talking about the new paint job they gave BB, in the 10 min vid, and Warpath, in the IGN escalation vid. For me this new paint get rid off all the nice battle scars the matte finish showed in WFC, they actually looked like they were in a war. Now BB looks like he just came off the assembly line, I think it just looks off and wrong.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I posted a thread about my dislike of them about 3 days ago, and because I don't want to bump it, and I'm too lazy to go find it, I want to say to all those who wonder why I dislike it, (I FINALLY got the PERFECT description of my reason) it looks unrendered.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dunno man, shinies are pretty rare. i'd get a master ball if i were you.

4. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Wel it is more accuarate to real life metals as metal is always shiny it doesnt matter if its battle torn or not

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    But not so extremely shiny. And I've seen a lot of non-shiny metals, like my car.

6. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    :lol  LOL

And I've also seen metals that are shiny but not metallic. Like I said in the other thread and going by the game we have seen so far , I don't like it. But I'll probably notice it less when I actually get the game

7. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    They all look awesome and the different metals and paints really makes the entire game look beautiful, its not like they dont give you the option to change the metallic shine on your character. I will make all my custom made bots looking brand spankin' new and the cons not so shiny.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  I couldn't help but read the question asked as if Grimlock himself were asking it:lol 

My answer is no. They're metal, and metal is shiny. I can think of no better tribute to die-cast Transformers than to make these guys look as they do in Bumblebee's mission.

9. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Even though they may appear to be shiny, they are still rough around the edges. Yes bee was glossy during the first mission but he still had a few scrapes and scratches. If you scratch up a car.. the metal still shines.

10. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I guess I just don't see the issue. Shiny or not the game looks beautiful and that's what I am looking at. I never even thought, wow they look too shiny. It just never occurred/bothered me. Even if I wanted to get critical about it, two things will stop me.

1: They are aliens, we don't even know what kind of metal they are made from. We have no idea how the metal would physically react to denting, scratching, explosions, ect. I mean name me one metal we know of that allows for fluid facial movement/expressions. It's called fiction for a reason.

2: As a person that has actually worked with metal, I can tell you if you scratch metal, usually the scratch is shinier than the rest. You could always just imagine that they are made of a metal that is colored all the way through it, rather than just a top coat, and they are actually just covered head to toe in scratches, lol. :D 

11. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Does anyone know if we can adjust the color of Transformers in the campaign? I would prefer a cartoony finish to the characters.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I'd take shiny and visible colors over dark, matte colors that the characters blend into a little TOO well.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If not, I'm sure you can play around with your TV's settings to get the settings close to what you're looking for.