Shining Ace: Autobot Warrior

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Decepticon_Diva, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Decepticon_Diva

Decepticon_Diva Turnspark

Chapter 1

The peace of the night was shattered by the unearthly screech of a comet falling to the ground. Startled birds flew from their roosts and various frightened wildlife scattered throughout the forest. Towering plumes of dust rose from the smoldering rock, covering trees and rocks with several inches of earth.
    An unnatural quiet descended upon the remote forest until a new sound took it's place. There was a resounding crack and the whirring of a mechanical device fell to the ears of any who remained in the area.
    A four-legged figure emerged from the alien rubble. A she-wolf with a pelt as white as snow, and eyes blacker than midnight. The she-wolf may have appeared like the otheres of the forest had it not been for the fact that she stood nearly as tall as the trees themselves and her pelt had the sleek shine of metal instead of fur.
    The she-wolf tilted her head from side to side, taking in the sights and sounds of the foreign world around her. A curious young black bear who had plucked up the courage to approach the large canine retreated with a cry of fear when the she-wolf stood up upon two legs. Once again the sound of working machinery echoed into the night as the wolf took on a new form.
    A humanoid figure took the place of the wild animal, but her feral black optics burned with the same fierce intensity. The fembot reached back with one hand to lightly touch the handle of an ornate sword, safely sheathed. The other hand fell to her hip where she found her holstered handgun, also secure. The giant robot nodded as if satisfied.
    She first raised one foot, then the other. With slow progress the fembot made her way through the forest, wincing as the trees cracked when she stepped on them. Despite the slow pace, her steps were abnormally large and she soon came to the forest's edge. The robotic female halted abruptly for the land simply ceased to exist for quite a distance down.
    Fearful optics scanned the cliff before coming closer to the edge. Along with the land, the forest seemed to come to an end. Below her was a rocky plain with a large canyon that looked as if it had been cut from the earth. With a look of puzzlement, the fembot pulled a hand radar from a storage compartment and studied it closely. The mechanical device beeped rhythmically and displayed the location of two objects on it's screen with red dots. The fembot frowned quizzically; the two dots were far apart.
    The feminine machine surveyed the land around her. "Looks like I've got some traveling to do." The words came from vocal projectors within the robot's throat. Her mouth wasn't quite in sync with the words, but she was sure she would get used to it.
    "It's been so long..." The fembot spoke the words for the sake of some noise besides the unearthly quiet. Her fingers stroked the front of her left shoulder, tracing the etches of the symbol that had once been there.​

2. Decepticon_Diva

Chapter 1: Continued

Painful rememberances flooded her memory bank. She turned her visual receptors off, but still it appeared in her mind's eye. Thos calm blue optics, the kind face that haunted her still. It was like nothing had changed, he stood before her reaching out, his optics pleading. "Shining Ace." the face whispered.
    "Streamline, no!" Shining Ace turned her optics back on, seeking respite from the nightmare. The memory stayed with her so vivid, so real. "I can't do this!" Shining Ace thought.
    She stared down at her trembling hands, waiting for it to pass. And it did pass, as it always passed, but she knew it would return, as it always did. Shining Ace curled her fingers into tight fists and started foreward with a new resolve. She would get through this! She would succeed! She had to, for his sake.
    No, Shining Ace pushed the memory away and concentrated on moving her feet. "Left, Right." she chanted in her head, letting nothing else distract her. She slowly made her way down the cliff, tripping and scrabbling at the rock face several times. She walked quickly across the flat, rough plain, feeling small and exposed.
    Shining Ace could only gape when she reached the edge of the canyon. Seh waw deep deep down in tothe dark abyss and could spot no ground below. She had never seen anything like it. Not on Cybertronnor any other planet from teh farthest reaches of space. She let loose a large whoosh of breath. "Here goes nothing." she said, and began her decent.​

3. Decepticon_Diva

Soon her optics became useless as the light dwindled above and Shining Ace switched them off to conserve power. She navigated her way by feel, reaching for decent indentions to support her weight with her feet. The descent took several hours of painstaking caution and by the time Shining Ace's feet touched solid earth, she was breathing heavily.
    Her optics whirred back to life, completely useless. The ominous darkness seemed to stretch on forever. Shining Ace put a hand next to her face, but seh couldn't see it at all. She craned her neck, peering upward. The top of the canyon wall was visible only as a pinprick of light.
    The humanoid fembot fell slowly to all fours before striking out again. She let the acute hearing and keen sense of smell of her wolf form guide her. There were many scuffs and dents in her exterior before she found a suitable pace.
    The vastness of the canyon seemed to stretch on forever. The lack of noise caused her audio receptors to hurt and it was many moments before she realized that her radar's beeping had intensified in volume. Shining Ace transformed and took out the hand-held computer. A small green dot had taken it's place on the screen not far from her red one. "A Cybertronian!" she thought. "And not just any Cybertronian, a minicon!"
    Shining Ace paused, caught between leaving immediatly and seeking out the minicon. She wasn't quiet ready for her confrontation with the autobots, but a minicon partner would be very useful on this foreign planet. She glanced up into the darkness ahead and back at the radar. It was so close.
    Making up her mind, Shining Ace put the radar away, transformed, and continued through the canyon. "I'll have to be quick." she thought. "The autobots and decepticons will be arriving soon."​

4. Decepticon_Diva

No sound pierced through the solid canyon walls. The silence was only disturbed by the steady click click of her claws on the rocky floor. The steady beep of the radar was muffled inside it's storage container, but Shining Ace could hear it constantly increase in speed. She arrived at her destination just as she heard the space bridges begin to open.
    The sounds of conflict and battle insued. Shining Ace looked frantically around. It had to be somewhere close by. There! The minicon, trapped within it's stasis panel, was embedded in the canyon wall. The she-wolf gave a whine of excitement and began to dig furiously. Shining Ace lept back as the panel clanged down from the wall. She walked up to it and nosed it gently.
    The panel began to glow with a brilliant yellow light. The matter of the panel seemed to liquidize and it began to take on a new form. Shining Ace shielded her optics as the light became too bright to bear. The light soon faded and she glanced around, cautiously uncovering her optics.
    Before her stood a miniature transformer that she knew to be a minicon. The humaniod figure looked around and began to stretch, as if relieved to be released from it's hibernation. As the minicon moved around, Shining Ace noticed that he possesed many insect-like qualities. Instead of fingers, on each of his hands he had pincers. Thin, see-through wings extended from his shoulders and two long black antennae protruded from his head.
    "Well, I suppose I'll just have to call you Bugzy!" Shining Ace exclaimed. The minicon peered up at her for the first time, before vibrating his wings in a whirr that she took for an affirmative.
    Shining Ace couldn't contain her joy at discovering her new friend. Her happiness was cut short by the appearance fo another bot. A large black mass, struck by a photon charge, fell to the bottom of the canyon with a resounding crash. Shining Ace stumbled back as the bot almst crashed down on top of her. Bugzy gave a whirr of alarm and shot into the air, coming to rest on Shining Ace's left shoulder.
    The strange transformer pushed itself to it's feet and Shining Ace found herself looking into the golden optics of another wolf. Her was much larfer than her and his pelt was midnight black. With a grunt of surpirse, the wolf shot up onto his back feet and transformed. Shining Ace followed his example and looked at the bot before her. her optics were instantly drawn to the dark purple symbol on his chest. "Decepticon!" she screamed mentally.​

5. Decepticon_Diva

Shining Ace drew her sword and looked to the minicon perched on her shoulder. "Bugzy, I don't want you to get hurt, fly!" The minicon whirred worriedly but complied, taking to the sky. All this took place in the course of a few seconds and when Shining Ace looked back at the decepticon, he was drawing his blaster.
    "Oh no you don't!" Shining Ace exclaimed, charging the bot with her sword extended. He was definatly stronger than her, but she was faster. Maybe if she silenced him quickly she could make her getaway with the minicon.
    The decepticon fired several shots which Shining Ace easily evaded. Before the bot could respond, she was upon him attacking with a combination of blade and fist. The decepticon was helpless before her onslaught and finally she delivered a blow that would leave him out of commision for some time. The decepticon managed one last cry of shock and pain before his systems crashed and he collapsed.
    Shining Ace studdied her surroundings frantically. Anyone could have heard that cry. Why didn't the decepticon just faint like he was supposed to? She didn't want to draw attention to herself just yet. Thinking quickly, Shining Ace began to scale the canyon wall, but it was too late. A shadow passed overhead and Shining Ace looked up to see a magnificent purple dragon perched on the canyon's edge. The dragon was staring in shock at the fallen decepticon below. It was too late to hide and the dragon soon spotted her. A look of surprise and rage filled the reptile's face. She pointed her tail accusingly at Shining Ace who despairingly caught sight of the purple symbol etched on it.​

6. Decepticon_Diva

Chapter 1: Finnish

"That fembot's killed Daredevil!" the dragon cried. Shining Ace climbed as she had never climbed before. She heard the surprised exclamations that echoed the dragon's cry and knew her cover had been blown. She lept up the cliff face, her feet scarcely touching the rock they came into contact with.
    The top fo the canyon wall was almost within reach when the pain erupted in her back. Shining Ace cried out in agony as she felt metal dent and circuits break. She felt her systems rapidly losing power through the leaking circuitry and grabed frantically at the rock face. She held on desperatly, it was all she could do.
    "Take my hand!" Shining Ace glanced up, confused. A young spotted fembot extended her hand out. She tried to het her logic center to wrap around the situration, but she was losing power too fast. Her vision was becoming blurry, but even through the fog Shining Ace recognized the red symbol that decorated the back of that hand.
    Unthinking she reached out and took the hand, feeling completely vunerable. The fembot heaved her up the cliffside and she was quickly surrounded by autobots. She could hear shots being exchanged and knew she should join the battle, but her legs wouldn't function.
    Shining Ace tried to push herself to her feet, but failed miserably. Suddenly the firing ceased and shouts were exchanged. Shining Ace growled mentally because her spark wasn't functioning well enough to translate what they were saying. The decepticon's figures were only a blurr in the distance and the autobots weren't much better.
    Silence followed and the decepticons dissapeared. Shining Ace's head was reeling and she didn't know how much longer she could retain conciousness. A clear thought suddenly shot through her mind. "Bugzy!" The sound croaked from her damaged vocal projector and she was surprised by her own weakness.
    Suddenly he was there, whirring in a worried tone and hovering about her head. "I am glad you are safe.......my friend." Shining Ace managed to say before the darkness closed in and she knew no more.

------------------

*cough* I do not know when I will be able to complete chapter two. Between my school work and my first novel, I remain hard pressed for time. I have already begun to write it, but I will not post it here until it is complete.​

7. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

ace story i love it yuor a good writer and a great tf fan

8. Decepticon_Diva

:wink:  Hehe, thanks. ^^ I think I may have changed my mind. I may go ahead and type what I have written of the second chapter and just make it up as I go along. Hand-writing takes FOREVER and typing is much faster.

Just so readers know, the characters included within my story come from my online transfomers guild, Transformers: The Next Generation It is a semi-literate roleplaying guild and my main link to transformers since I've never been a big toy collector. Anyway, I hope y'all like my story about Shining Ace.

9. Decepticon_Diva

Chapter 2

Ooc: Ok, just to let anyone who reads this know, I may not get all of Chapter 2 typed up very promptly. As I explained before, I do not have this chapter completed yet. I have approximatly one page front and back of hand-written story. We'll just have to see how much room that takes up and I'll just wing it from there. Wish me luck! ;) 

Bic: Shining Ace flickered in and out of conciousness. She glimpsed the dark silhouettes of other transformers against the harsh light that surrounded her. Broken pieces of conversation reached her audio sensors from time to time, sometimes it made sense while other times it was just a rush of foreign noise.
    Each time the surface seemed to be within reach, darkness would swallow her again. The fire that shot down her back on the rare occasion that she managed movement was the only thing that told her she was still tethered to this world.
    "Am I dying?" She wondered one particular time when the darkness seemed to be dissapating. The agony in her back had been reduced to a dull ache, but any motion still pulled a groan from her throat. Shining Ace lay still and waited for the comforting darkness to cover her again. It didn't.
    For some time she lay there, pondering her situation. Where am I? and What happened? where some of the first questions that passed her mind. Shining Ace slowly gathered the broken fragments of her memories and began to reshape them.​

10. Decepticon_Diva

Chapter 2: Continued

The canyon? Yes, she remembered that. She had fought that canine decepticon, what had they called him? Daredevil? She couldn't clearly recall. There had been the dragon then........the pain. Thinking about her injury only seemed to intensify her discomfort so she pushed the thought away for now.
    The hand? That had been the next one. Shining Ace vividly remembered the determined look in the optics of the young fembot that had rescued her. She remembered that painstaking crawl from the cliff edge, and the sounds of battle that had surrounded her. Her memories were fuzzy here, but she knew that Bugzy.........
    "Bugzy!" Shining Ace cried, jerking herself upright. The exclamation was followed by a moan of agony as a strip of pain crawled up her back. She ground her teeth together, waiting for the pain to abate.
    Once it was over and she could think coherently, Shining Ace looked around the room. It was a medical bay, obviously. The metal walls of the room had been bleached white and several unoccupied recharge beds decorated the room in orderly rows. First-aid equipment hung all over the walls, otherwise, the room was bare.
    There were no window and no opening in the room besides a door she saw at the far end. Slowly, carefully, Shining Ace pushed herself to her feet. She pressed a hand firmly over her bandaged circuitry and slowly made her way across the room. Her vision swam in alternating directions and she often had to pause and catch her breath. Had the dimensions of the room altered? Each small step seemed to bring her no closer to her goal.​

11. Decepticon_Diva

Shining Ace knew that the best choice was probably to return to her stasis bed and recharge for another few megacycles, but she was being hard-headed. Streamline had always said she was stubborn. "Oh!" Shining Ace gasped aloud in pain as the agony of the memory pushed her to her knees. She had been over halfway to the door and the movement sent a wave of pain up her back.

-------------

Ooc: Hehe, well here is the end of all of the story that I have written so far. The rest of it will probably come in pieces with large time intervals between each one. I am now making up the story as I go along, so please bear with me!​

12. Decepticon_Diva

She heard the gentle whoosh of the door opening and frantic footsteps running to where she was cowering. Shining Ace's vision was fogging out again and she wondered if the darkness was finally going to claim her again. She could make out the general outline of the autobot who was now coaxing her back toward the recharge bed, half helping, half carrying her.
    This fembot appeared much older than the one that had initially rescued Shining Ace. Her exterior was a peaceful light blue and her optics shown with the kindest, pale purple light. The medic, whom Shining Ace assumed in was, gently replaced her back upon the recharge bed and seemed to rummage for something inside a cluttered medical kit.
    "Wh- who are you?" Shining Ace whispered. The world was slowly coming to a halt and her vision had cleared somewhat. This autobot was obviously very good at her job, for Shining Ace could feel her power slowly restoring itself after the major crash on the battlefield.
    The autobot medic injected her with a type of medicine that Shining Ace didn't care to identify before looking at her and answering. "My name is Arcticfang, friend, and you are in good hands." she seemed to be surveying Shining Ace for more damaged.
    "Have you sustained any further damage than that which I assesed?" Shining Ace's new found friend inquired.
    "N-no, I don't think so..." Shining Ace answered hesitantly.​

13. Decepticon_Diva

The medic bot nodded and seemed to relax. "You will recover in due time." she assured Shining Ace. "Just try to take it easy for awhile." The smile that was directed at Shining Ace was one of weariness.
    Shining Ace could not contain her questions any longer. "Am I amongst the autobots?" she questioned.
    "You are." The medic replied softly.
    "Who is your leader at this particular outpost? How many bots are stationed here?" Shining Ace couldn't cut the flow of her inquiries.
    The expression of the autobot medic turned to one of deep sadness as she listened to Shining Ace's questions. "You have been on your own for some time?" she asked.
    "Yes." Shining Ace confirmed. She was anxious for any news that this fembot could share with her.
    The autobot waited for a moment before speaking in a grave voice. "My name is Arcticfang, and as you have probably assumed, I am a medic. But, I also bear the burden of being the supreme leader of the autobots." The fembot's optics seemed to focus on some distant memory that haunted her.
    "W-wh-what?" Shining Ace stuttered. "Optimus Prime is the leader of the autobots. He has been for several solarcycles!" she couldn't hide her confusion.
    Arcticfang uttered an exasperated sigh, as if she didn't really want to talk about it. "It's a long story, young one. Are you so sure that you want to hear it?"
    Shining Ace nodded eagerly. "I must know, Arcticfang."
    "Very well." The older autobot agreed and began her story.​

14. Decepticon_Diva

Many eons ago, the great wars finally came to an end with the autobots as the victors. There was many solarcycles of celebration and rebuilding. Autobots helped autobots and even the remaining decepticons eventually joined in the good cheer. The people of Cybertron rejoiced, peace had come at last.
    But alas, this peace was short lived. Everyone assumed that when the tyrant, Megatron was destroyed by our great leader, Optimus Prime, that the decepticons simply disbanded. What they didn't count on was the return of his evil second-in-command, Starscream.
    Together with a bunch of renegade decepticons, still seething from their defeat in the great war, he began to launch a new attack against the autobots and their home-planet.

"Hold on a second."
    Arcticfang paused as Shining Ace spoke out loud. She nodded at the young autobot to speak.
    "You keep saying their home-planet, and the autobots. You speak as if you aren't one of them."
    Arcticfang smiled. "Very observative, and that is the right of things. To tell you the truth, I'm not even originally from Cybertron."
    "Yet you have somehow become our leader. Whatever happened to Optimus?" Shining Ace inquired.
    "I was getting there if you will let me tell the story without so many interruptions. May I continue?"
    Shining Ace nodded and Arcticfang continued with her story.​

15. Decepticon_Diva

At first, the autobots remained fairly unconcerned due to the fact that the decepticons numbered so few. His attacks upon Cybertron accomplished almost nothing against their defenses. Eventually though, more and more decepticons began to rally to his cause. They had lived with the autobots for so long, that they began to crave their old life of malice and destruction. They had nothing to lose.
    For a few solarcycles, the decepticons were always at a stalemate. They couldn't defeat the autobots, but nor could the autobots rend them of their spirit for violence and warfare. One day, their leader, Starscream, came up with a plan.

"You remember how the humans of Earth aided the autobots in the great war during their time of need?"
    Shining Ace nodded at Arcticfang's question. "That's this planet that we're on right now isn't it? What happened to all of the humans?"
    "Hush now and I will tell you." Arcticfang continued.

Starscream knew of the autobot's gratitude towards the humans of Earth, a fragile, organic race. His minions gathered before him just outside of Earth's atmosphere and prepared to attack. Optimus Prime himself came to vanquish the decepticon leader.

Shining Ace swallowed as she listened to the woesome tale. She had a feeling that Arcticfang's next words would not be comforting ones.​

16. Decepticon_Diva

We were not aware that Starscream's power had continuously been growing during the time he was bombarding Cybertron with feeble attacks. We later learned that they were simply distractions to keep us busy while he gathered subordinates and power.
    Optimus Prime came with a small group of loyal autobots at his side. Starscream's numbers were far fewer than those who traveled with him. Alas, he unknowingly walked right into a trap. Starscream had used the abilities of most of his underlings, not for battle, but to construct a sort of mobile fortress which he then called upon.
    The artillery aboard Prime's ship was state of the art, but numered less than that of Starscream's own warship. The decepticon leaders attacks, though, were not directed on the autobot leader, but at planet Earth. Optimus Prime's ship sustained heavy damage from the decepticon's attack, but he was fully willing to sacrifice his life to protect the human planet.
    Finally, the autobots who were superior in strategy and comradeship began to push the decepticons back. They began to fall in great numbers and victory seemed at hand. Starscream seethed in rage and was determined to not be defeated. He took the controls of his own mobile fortress and directed in for a head on collision with planet Earth.
    Of course, Prime would not allow this to happen. With both leader's at the controls, the two ships collided in space. A massive explosion followed and the wreckage of the two warships entered Earth's atmosphere. Autobots were frantic about their leader's safety and pleaded with him to escape but to no avail. The fiery mass collided with Earth and a massive explosion could be viewed for lightyears around.
    The ship's collision caused an enormous earthquake upon the earth's surface and a great cloud of debree covered the sun's light. Many organics suffered and died during this time. It was several solarcycles before the autobots and decepticons could safely travel to the planet's surface to assertain the damage. Many of the humans had died and only a scant few remained, living off of the hardy vegetation that had managed to survive the sun thirsted drought.
    Despairingly, the transformers of both the autobots and the decepticons searched through the remained wreckage of their two ships. Mysteriously, neither of the bodies was ever recovered. It could have been assumed that the remains perished in the fiery collision had it not been for Starscream's return.

Arcticfang paused here and sighed deeply as if a great burden had been pressed upon her. The pain of her memories seemed overwhelming. Shining Ace was digesting all of this slowly and considering each word. She knew that there was probably more to the story, but she didn't want to push Arcticfang too hard.
    "Sooo, that was when the autobots decided they needed a new leader?" the young autobot inquired. "Or, did you become leader before that?" The autobot leader sighed.
    "I will continue our story some other time, for now, you must rest." She gently layed one hand on Shining Ace's shoulder as she said this. "I didn't catch your name." Arcticfang said softly, letting the question hang in the air.
    "Shining Ace." Shining Ace answered.
    "Well then, Shining Ace, we will continue our talk on a later date. Rest well." Arcticfang said softly and walked quietly out of the medical bay, leaving Shining Ace with all of her thoughts.
    What exactly has happened in all this time that I have been gone? She wondered. The talk with Arcticfang had worn down her power levels and she really did need to shut down for a while. I will ponder this more when I awake. Shining Ace decided and powered down her circuits for a stasis nap.​

17. Decepticon_Diva

CHAPTER 2: END

Hehe, sorry. I forgot to add that! Constructive critisism and comments are welcome.​

18. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

ace stroy nice to see a tf without the baic bots in

19. Decepticon_Diva

Thanks a lot, Ironkaty. It's nice to have at least one fan! :) 

20. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

well it a great story yuor relly good at it i wish i was half as good as you