Shin and Big 9 go to the Warped Tour....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shin-Gouki, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Kind of a weak line up this year as oposed to the lase few years, though Anti-Flag got some good shit going until they got preachy at the end of their set but whetever.

I voted for Kodos killed it on one of the minor league stages, they were best than most of the main stage acts so if the Tour comes your way make a point of checking them out. One of the best underground Punk/Ska banda out there, in fact they are coming back in a few weeks and I plan on hitting that show too.

Less than Jake can be summed up in one word, INSANE. You see for the last song they convinced us t start a figure 8 circle pit, and well it took on a life of it's own. It wound up going around the soundboard tent and the consession next to it through the main stage pit area next to they one we were at. The band seriously did not think anything like this was going to happen let alone work because they were shocked. Cries of holy shit and the like were heard from the band. The other people that did not expect it were the people outside the pit area when we cane at them. I was in the circle pit with some of the more hardcore guys (Punk since age 9 1984) and as soon as they said start the 8 we did, and the people in the cheap seats so to speak were not expecting that! We came at them full force, skanking the whole way. Then at the end of the song one of the guys shouted REVERSE THE PIT, and we did. Talk about a train wreck! Danm that kicked ass.

Now we did leave early (6ish) because to be honest there was nobody I wanted to see untill 8:30 when NOFX hit, and well I have seen them I think 6 times now so I could do without this time, especially as it would be a short warped tour set.

Oh and met a guy working one of the tents that had a MIB G1 Fort Max. He won it on Ebay and picked it up when the tour came to town.

So to recap, Anti-Flag: Good if a little preachy, I voted for Kodos: Best underground Punk/Ska band you will find today, Less than Jake: Figure 8 Pit, AWESOME! Warped Tour 2006: Letdown Lineup as aposed to the last few years but still worth the price of admission.

:music 
    :Gouki: 

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've only heard one of those band's songs.

3. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Less than Jake is starting to get really big time now, their last two albums "Anthem" and "In with the Out Crowd" (Just came out) are pretty mainstream, quite a bit of radio play for their singles. The others are mainly underground.

4. Big Nine

Big Nine <font color= pink><b>Pink Soul<br>'Weak Humanoid G Veteran

Kodos and Less Than Jake were freakin awsome, and that figure 8 pit was some crazy stuff. It was the sort of thing where either you were a part of it, or you were under it.

5. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    And you were almost under it. Like I told you once we started moving it became a force of nature!