Shia LeBeouf and Michael Bay are quitting Transformers, Talks about Reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by monsterikan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly (except the Fauvreau/Iron Man part, I don't disagree, just wasn't thinking it).

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I rate Catch Me if you Can and Minority Report far above anything Bay has done in his entire career, so if that period was below-par for Spielberg, I think the talent well has far from dried up yet.

Just checked his filmography on IMDb... I have no interest in Tintin, but check out what he's got lined up for 2013. ...But I think it's highly unlikely that he'd direct a Transformers movie, if he wanted to do that, he could've done it in 2007.

I think all directors have their hits and their misses, even at the top of his game Spielberg still turned out stuff like 1941, and Hook.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Spielberg did not pass his prime, he became a producer. Artists do not have a prime they just change. If you change too much you will lose your artistry.
    Marty has been around exactly as long as Spielberg and yet he is still pumping out films that are critically and audience acclaimed.

It is not easy for a Director to wear a full time Producers hat and still keep the art alive. Producers are business men and focus on $$ where as Directors are artists and the craft is more important than the box office.
    This is not to say that Spielberg can not revert back into his Director mode. He seems to do a good job when he deals with dramas (Minuch and Catch Me If You Can) but his action adventure films have missed since A.I. I accedit that to what I have dubbed the "Spielberg Syndrome" For some reason his movies end on a dark note, but Spielberg being Spielberg, adds 30 extra minutes to a film that becomes boring and unnecessary just to force out a happy ending.

Sorry for the rant but please don't associate someone turing into a Producer with artists actually having a prime.

4. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

with a killer ending I doubt there will be a reboot.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I see. So you´re willing to spoil the fun of those who want to see more movies just because YOU don´t.

Here´s a hint. Don´t watch them and leave them to those who want to see them.

6. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what the chances are of Hasbro using my reboot idea... Better finish up my script!

You lost me at Lucas.

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    When the hell did I ever say that I wished to spoil everything for people who did want to see the movies? I wouldn't stop them. If they want to see more movies, fine, more power to them. I'm just saying that the idea of another live-action movie is just going to get more groans from people who dislike the movie series, myself included.

And believe me, I'm more than capable of not seeing the first two movies again (it's called ignorance, it's been doing wonders for me with the Star Wars prequels). I am however going to see the third one, but I have my own reasons for that.

So sorry if my opinion constitutes as acting like a wet blanket.

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of what Bay did had to pass muster with Spielberg as a producer. So no, don't want to see a Spielberg. I would love to see a dark take on it via Proyas.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And then we'll have a cliched movie about apartheid under the guise of a robot movie. No thank you. I like my robots large, aggressive and without life lessons.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I liked hook!

is that how you like your men too?

Oh snap!

couldn't resist

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only if they're rich, too.
    ;) 

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I don't think this news comes to a surprise to anyone, but the idea that Spielberg will continue to be involved after Bay leaves (haha bay leaves) I think is far fetched. I really think they started it as a two man team and it'll end that way, Spielberg with the vision to make it happen, Bay with the visual style and time to make it really work.

In terms of how it will go forward, I think there will be an internal push within Hasbro and Paramount to keep it in the same universe/continuity, but they will likely need to pull out some impressive tricks to make that worth doing. Otherwise it'll be like the Pirates franchise, flogging a dead horse. I'm rooting for its success no matter what happens, reboot or not.

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope the third movie will be the last. I believe if they make a fourth TF movie, it might not be as good.

14. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

It would be greedy to reboot Transformers so quickly.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Second vote for Infiltration. I had Ridley Scott in mind for director and wanted to keep Furman aboard as writer, but this works quite well, too.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't foresee an additional movie as a hypothetical scenario.

As far as directors are concerned, it would certainly be interesting to see another person take the helm.

With Sam Witwicky, I certainly think his story is done after DotM. I felt enough to move on after RotF with Sam and co., but I'm interested to see what chapter the third installment will add to his story.

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    God the Bay movies suck! I can't wait to go drop $50 on seeing the movie three times.

;) 

18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Abrams needs to film The Dark Tower before. That's much more important than Transformers. If not he, than no one should.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    There's more than enough material to do a successful reboot of the Transformers for a 4th film. However I don't see Hasbro wanting to do another movie till at least 2015, to give TF Prime a proper run (assuming they learned there lesson from Animated's toy release) and people proper time to be hungry for another TF flick. Then again this is Hollywood we're talking about here and the one thing they know how to do is take something and beat it to death via over saturation.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shia LaBeouf's career
    2007-2011
    RIP​