Shia LaBeouf talks more about Michael Bay and the TF Movie - signed on for 2 and 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Eric, Nov 14, 2006.

1. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

$250 million? Wasn't the orginal budget only $150M? if this is the case then thats nuts, to blow almost twice your budget is f@%*ing unreal. Now, here's really wishing that the moive does amazing, casue if not you can forget 2 or 3.

2. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

What kind of an interview was that? I mean, I hear Bay isn't that great, but at the same time it sounds like every "interview" he has is so filled with expletives and vulgarities he's bringing more light to himself than who he's trying to bash.... like he's trying to give himself more credit than what may be there... and then he compares himself to Elijah Wood??? Give me a break! I could name other actors (more famous) than Elijah Wood that STILL tire of the typecasting.... Mark Hamill.... guess what, Star Wars was a trilogy and OLDER than the movie to Lord of the Rings. And you can still bash your employer in any interview without using tasteless words. I have no respect for people like that.... sorry Shia. Is his character name Sam now instead of Spike?

3. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Meh. Clint Eastwood has a reputation for being exceedingly calm and quite the understated gentleman on set. He also has a reputation for bringing nearly every film he's directed in under budget, and makes a consistently very good return on investment.

None of the above apply to MB…

Phazer

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Skipping pages...

It just wouldn't be TFs nowadays without a whiny human, right? :p 

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Funny, I heard that the water for that scene was between 18-23 degrees celsius...I doubt they were in risk of getting hypothermic.

6. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Yeah, he has quite the little mouth on him. But is there more cursing they in your general Movie thread? ;) 

7. battlebeasts

battlebeasts Banned

Thats what I said in the last one like this. I think you guys need to re read your replies and see how sad it makes some of you look. How in the world can some of you complain when you are the very ones who will complain about Classic Bumblebees STICKER being too big!!!!!

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

That is really sad. I didn't like that kid on Disney, and I don't like him now. If you want to look like a professional and be taken seriously, ACT like a professional and speak like one.

And besides, if acting is that stressful for him, maybe he should go get a real job and stop playing pretend for a living.

9. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

You know, I seem to wonder how many of the people forget how whiny and complainy people were at 20 years old. I'm sure if some of you guys thnk about it, we were all the same way, we all thought we knew everything, and cursed just as much if not more. This kid has the opportunity to make enough cash to buy his mom a house so she never has to worry. How many of you can say that? If anything, that goes to show the kid at least has his priorities straight.

I also wonder how people can keep saying Shia has to grow up, when you got D.B. Murphy cursing and insulting the fandom like a gimpy little teen, and HE'S supposed to be "our link" to the movie. Yet, he's a GROWN MAN and a supposed "professional".

Like some one else said, these other "what a whiner" posts coming from grown men who complain about toys...WTF??

Get off your high horses.

So the kid has a potty mouth. Does that make him look like an a$$? Probably, but he's a young man, and I'm sure he'll end up running his mouth like that one too many times and learn his lesson.

Fact of the matter is, many people who have worked with Bay feel the same way about him. Bay is just one of many like that in Hollywood. It's just that he just happens to be at the top of the list. Tarantino is another one.

Oh, and Bay didn't make ANYBODY a star. They were already established, or were made after another movie.

Bay's stuff is usually throw away action fair that requires little to no thinking.

Here's hoping they don't bring any of these guys back. Including Shia if he can't learn to express his issues without resorting to a curse laden tirade.

10. battlebeasts

battlebeasts Banned

And Im sure you guys are SOOOOO afended by his cursing......Why havent you guys complained that his hair is too curly. I hope they put ICE CUBE, Dave Chappelle, and Ashton Kutcher in the 2nd one just to get more of this classic bitching.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i totally agree....if i could do some major mega movie trilogy, make uber bank on it, then fade into doing what i love, i would do it too....i hope this ends up being his LOTR...i like this kid, i think he'll do great, and i think this movie will be great, havent read any scripts (though i wanna DL every version i can find and read them after it comes out) btw, does anyone know how many versions of the script are out now? and where to get them from?

and who cares if he swears? gonna make a jesus referance, but ye who has not done anything wrong ever in his or her life can cast the 1st stone....i swear, not alot, but i do, and as stated above, its seems more like a casual conversation, im sure he wont be doing this when MTV and everyone else is interviewing him about the movie. and then, even if he does and they bleep it, WHO CARES? its just words....they're only bad because someone decideded they were....

12. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

This guy wants to be noticed like he's been there and done that and has had this amazing career in Hollywood or something. He sounds like he's trying to push it hardcore like Colin Farrel there, with the attitude. Elijah is what he is, because he can play a troll thing to Cider House Rules and just about anything in between. That's why he's good and well known. This guys a kid, who wants to be Tom Cruise of today..But even Tom had to start off in those..Well, no, even Outsider and All the Right Moves wasn't all that bad for him..But, back on subject..Sure, he's entitled to speak his mind. And of course we all want to hear an actor that made it into this movie to be a fan of it, but sadly, that won't be the point here. But, it bring jolly to me to hear Bay gave him a really tough ride for it.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And we've complained about Don Murphy's mouth too, so what your point?

This is the pot calling the kettle black don't you think? :peoples: 

14. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Wow..people are really getting upset over language? Hope this movie is Rated G or at most PG..God forbid it be PG-13 though, cause, well then no one will go see it..

Language people..

15. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Whats wrong with the cursing? I curse all the time when amongst friends. This interview was more of a conversation than a Hollywood press event

16. Akumaxv

Look, I know you're defender of all things Bay and this movie so go get your cape and jump off a building.

If you missed my point, than maybe you need to read the post again.

As for the second part, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't curse.

If you're referring to Shia, then yeah, if this kid hasn't grown up and learned to express his grievences like a civil human being by the the time the other 2 (if they are made) movies are done, then he should be out. Just like Hasbro, IMO, shouldn't work with people as unprofessional DM . He's grown man, not some 20 year young adult. I don't see what part of treating everyone the same has to do with "calling the kettle black"?

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically in my post, nor have you said anything really negative about Shia's behaviour in the interview, so if you took offense to anything I said, then you need to think about why and go get a hug.

You hadn't responded to any other negative comments before mine, so I take it you're just looking to pick a fight with me for no apparent reason. Kind of sad actually.

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he needs to learn a bit of proffesionallism. i know there are alot of actors with a potty mouth but they hardly ever do it to the camera. if they do it just creates the impression that he/she is not a nice person to work with.

would we like cullen's interviews as much if he cussed like this guy?

he needs to show a little more humility instead of bitching and swearing

18. Akumaxv

He's a young guy. Not that it's a complete excuse, but I'm sure we were all the same way. Shoot, there's people who complain about their jobs that are far older that curse as much.

You're right though, he should be a little more professional, casual interview or not.

At least he wants to succeed for the right reasons. Wanting to take care of your family is a far better reason that wanting to be rich so you can go out and drink/drug/women it up. Seems to be the mentally running through the majority of the entertainment industry right now.

Whether he means it or not, it's still a nice ideal.

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I say "pot calling the kettle black" because there are numerous threads on here and on other TF boards with members expressing their issues poorly.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

They aren't highly paid professionals stating their opinions on a product they were paid to be part of. A huge world of difference.