Shia Labeouf Suffers for the Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=377238

Check out the teaser trailer on the Official Transformers Movie website by clicking here.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    umm ok, you know what a pussy. you want to talk about pain, on Thursday in my psyhcology of women class, we were learning exactly what goes on during the birthing process and I have never heard of anything so painful in my life....

I also wanted to add he's getting paid to do his job, what is he crying about?

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    What did he do brake a nail?

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WELL YA KNOW WHAT THIS ONE TIME IN GEOMETRY THEY GAVE US HOMEWORK.

Honestly, c'mon guys. We've seen how Michael Bay can ruin movies that are supposed to be good. Imagine what the actors go through.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    *tear*

The poor thing.

6. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

What a douchebag. Shia sucks too.

7. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

If Christopher Lee can do a light-sabre fight with Yoda in those Star Wars movies, I don't see what this kid has to complain about, I mean, come on, Lee is like 70yrs older than he is, and you don't hear him mouthing off about a few stunts, right?

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:rolleyes2 

Didn't take long for the Bay bashing to start *sigh*

*Reads article*

I interpret it more of him stating how the movie was harder then he thought it would be. Not of him complaining about the hard work it took.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Uh...I'm pretty sure Lee did almost none of that. As I understand it, a stunt double was used, and Lee's face was put on there using computers. Kind of like what happens with Agent Smith in the Matrix series.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Homework != the pain of pregnancy. I believe she was referring to legitimate, physical pain, not the fact that she was in a classroom. FYI.

Ruin or not, they make enough to buy 5 upper-middle class houses (or more) for responding to a scripted environment. I have little sympathy for them, but I do envy their paychecks.

11. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

I actually got to bear witness to that actual process. Watchin gmy daughter being borne unto this world was the most horrifying and statisfying experience all in one sitting. I have a new respect for Women.

Then I had a kidney stone to pass........

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, let's hope that his "suffering" will pay off for all of us.

On a side note... I personally interpret it more as him saying that the movie was a lot harder to make than he thought it would be when your acting counterpart (a giant freakin' robot) technically doesn't exist. I've read articles about how Bay will reshoot a shot he doesn't like over and over and over again until it's to his standards. Just imagine what an actor goes through doing the same scene (especially a potentially dangerous stunt scene) multiple times in one day. Now, add to that the fact that he's acting against things that technically aren't even there and, if they are, they're only stand in prop replicas that are really only good so that you have a focal point. Wether you like Bay's movies or not... you have to admit that the guy puts alot into what he does and expects no less than the same from his crew and actors.

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Any job is stressful and if he preformed the stunts im sure he took a beating or two. Yeah he probally got a nice check, but he had to earn it somehow.

14. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

whaaa whaaaa whaaa whaaa

What a cry baby sheesh

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'll concede that he does put a real genuine effort into getting the EXACT response he wants out of actors for each scene, and the guy deserves some applause for the largely-real-world SFW he likes to do. Still, the biggest hang-up I have about Bay's films is that every piece of exposition in the film is just...I dunno, obvious. I mean, the shots he chooses are always put together very well, but there's no use of the script to set up scenes which might cause a viewer to emote; every story element is visually laid bare for the audience so we can all go "Ah, okay, I understand" very, very easily.

His shot composition is great, and the cinematography he chooses to use is great eye candy. However, I regularly come away from Bay films not really wanting anything more, visually (and story-wise, but he's a director.) The mis-en-scene can be beautiful, but it's trite beautiful. The cinematography is like a Thomas Kinkaid painting.

16. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

he thinks he's got it bad?! think of the poor souls who sit and watch that crap film. worse yet, think of the TRUE trans-fans who witness such a disgrace of their favorite bots.

17. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Foul mouthed, ingrate whiner boy. Shaddap.

18. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I grew up with the Transformers. I have always been a fan of the Transformers. I am looking forward to the release of this movie which will win at the box office. It is not a disgrace of the robots, just a new generation. Change is nothing new with the Transformers and this is nothing new. The only disgrace that is happening with this movie are some of the fandom that seem to think that its their way and everyone else should die.

19. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

such hate. Read The Fucking Article.

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You lost ALL credibility when you opted to use the "True Transfan" label:thumbdown 

A TRUE fan doesn't go on message boards accusing others of not being true fans

A TRUE fan would appreciate that his/her view of what Transformers is ISN'T the one true way. And while said fan doesn't have to like it, should be mature enough to 1)Voice a constructively negative opinion w/o the epiphets like "True Fan" and 2)Realize that there are fans who like it when things are changed around sometimes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.