Shia LaBeouf is 'Healing Well'

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cyberwolf1980, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Found this article on Mtv.com. Here's the entire article for those that would rather not click on the link:

Shia LaBeouf is on the mend. That's the word from "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" co-star Isabel Lucas, who was in LaBeouf's truck on July 27 when the actor flipped it on a Hollywood street. Lucas told "Access Hollywood" this week, "We're both fine, and Shia's fine as well." The pair were photographed while out and about in Los Angeles on Monday.

LaBeouf had to undergo extensive surgery on his left hand to repair damage from the early-morning crash, in which he was cited for misdemeanor DUI, but was not found to be at fault because the other driver allegedly ran a red light. While Lucas, 23 — who recently broke up with "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier, according to People.com — was not seriously injured in the accident, she told "Access Hollywood" that LaBeouf, 22, was recovering from his injuries.

"His hand is healing well," she said.

Given the seriousness of the damage to his hand, the injury is being written into the script for the "Transformers" sequel, which LaBeouf is expected to start work on again before month's end. Contrary to Internet rumors, the actor's reps have categorically denied that he may have to have his pinky finger amputated as a result of the injury to his hand. (As can be seen in this awkward ABC News attempt to show a new trend in celebrity injuries, LaBeouf's pinky is the only finger not bandaged up.)

Kinda figured it would be a matter of time before two co-stars hooked up, apparently, as that's still rumor. Never woulda thought it to be Lucas, however. Either way, nice to know all's going well for his hand. Hopefully the Shia drama will finally end. Not likely, but it'd be nice.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

This was on ET Online.

[​IMG]

Breaking: Shia Back to Work Tomorrow

Copyright 2008 INFphoto.com
    Sources tell ET that Shia LaBeouf will be returning to work tomorrow, August 14, on the Los Angeles set of 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.' The actor recently spent time in a Los Angeles hospital and underwent surgery on his hand after a July car accident. Shia's injuries will be written into the script of the 'Transformers' sequel. Keep checking back here for more on this developing story.

Posted August 13, 2008 5:49:00 PM

All I can say is that he's lucky he didn't kill Isabel Lucas.

3. twichyy

twichyy Banned

News Credits:
    like they'd ever say it wasn't going well... according to Bernie macs publicist on Friday he was in stable condition...

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    facial does not suit him, get that man a shaver, STAT.

5. twichyy

twichyy Banned

News Credits:
    maybe the "healing well" hand was his shaving hand... you try switching hands and see how well you do... haha.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Since I use an electric razor, I'm perfectly capable of shaving with my right or left hand.

That small point aside, its good he's on the mend.

7. Optimal-T

Yeah that's a good point Gordon. I hope that sometime soon he'll tell his side of what happened in that car wreck?
    Why not work his injury into the Transformers script? It worked for Brad Pitt in Se7ven. Brad broke his arm when he was performing a stunt and they worked his injuries, and his bandaged hand, into the script.
    Of course he should have been having fun on his own time and not Michael's time.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure rolling a car and being charged (then charges dismissed) for misdemeanour DUI is what I'd call fun. Then again, being taken out by dickheads who run red lights isn't exactly giggles either.

9. Optimal-T

Yeah it wasn't entirely Shia's fault but on the other hand the driver of the other car has to take some responsiblity for what happened. Who knows whether or not the other driver who hit Shia was drunk?

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Last I checked, Misdemeanour DUI, dismissed charge for Shia. Not at fault because other driver ran red light. No information on whether that drivers was impaired or just suffering a raging case of the stupids.

I'll take my humble pie warm please.

11. Optimal-T

I wonder if Shia could have had his arm outside his window when his truck flipped and the truck roof landed on his hand? I suppose that's just one question that only he knows the answer to. :2c: 

12. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Just a side note but important. Smokers have a much slower rate of recovery or no recovery of some injuries.
    My sister is an RN and Paramedic. If somebody comes into ER all smashed up with a detached limb, digit, etc. They ask, ask, re-ask and sniff the patient to find out if they are a smoker.
    If it's a few missing fingers or a limb that wasn't cleanly detached. The micro surgens won't waste thier time as the success rate is too low. At best expensive drugs and even leaches are required.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    wouldn't have thought of that, but it's totally believable/understandable