Shia LaBeouf hates the Movies and why

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Taste

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

What an unappreciative little...eh, I don't need to say it. I don't care how many teenagers and twenty-somethings disagree, but I loved it when he and his whole gang did not show up in the fourth movie. I'm glad he wasn't mentioned. Ditto to Hugo Weaving, who thought his role as Megatron was "meaningless." Welker's a way more talented and enjoyable voice actor anyway.

I wish him the best and that he guts out of his troubles, but I don't want to see him in the franchise again without a major attitude adjustment.

I don't care how much fans like or dislike their work, or how much meaning actors glean from the media they appear in. Do his ilk have any clue how many thousands of people would love to have been in his shoes for just a fraction of the money and credit?

• Like Like x 12
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That comes across as entitled whining. I feel no pity for him. He went from Disney Channel shows (where he was arguably MORE annoying) to a movie about holes in the desert and a couple of scenes in which he got to swear at Will Smith in a robot uprising flick and that was his claim to fame. Being an idiot made him a household name.

Now, is that the movie or the actor that's the problem? It's the actor.

• Like Like x 11
  4. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    But yet he loves Even Stevens? Because that was fine art I guess?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    What is everyone was getting worked up about? The only comment regarding Transformers was:
    All he's saying is that he didn't have any passion for these movies. It's really difficult to work on something you don't care for. It's not something he could control—rather, only force himself to.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    He sure didn't mind cashing the checks. Far better actors have done even crappier films and became beloved idols. Patrick Stewart, for example.

LeBeouf is just mad because no one gives a crap about him.

• Like Like x 4
  7. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    I mean, people don't like Shia LaBeouf either so...

• Like Like x 6
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Right, but it doesn't mean he had to enjoy doing so. He obviously made enough money where he could diverge from Transformers and can actively speak against it. I'm sure he had the same feelings back when he was acting in the movies.

Now, reading back on his statement, the "dated" comment was a little harsh. I remember him saying something similar in a TF1 BTS clip.

9. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dated doesn't make sense for TF1. The story was nostalgic, yes, but felt extremely fresh in the summer of '07. Kinda sad to see this. I get so many good feelings thinking about when I saw TF1 for the first time, and Shia was quite relatable IMO, I didn't think he was atrocious.

Even the author comments on this:
    "If you take stock of Hollywood’s pileup of blockbuster blunders, the first Transformers holds up, and LaBeouf is one of its biggest selling points. "

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheEncoreBee

TheEncoreBee Member

I guess I don't really know any of the "scandals" he has been in. So can somebody tell me so I can get some perspective?
    Anyhow he is not in my opinion forced to appreciate even if he earned tons of cash and fame from it.

11. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about him either but I heard he has a drinking problem is also too involved in politics and has been arrested a couple of times. That's all I know I don't really care about the actors off screen lives but this is just stuff I heard other people say about him.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hardly the first actor to get bitten by the artist bug. We have seen plenty of actors who made it big on something silly and meaningless go on to feel like they wanted that movie or show that would live on in either film or television history. The big difference for Shia is all the really stupid things he did outside of acting that the entertainment news was going to run with.

Instead of bash him I'll wish him the best of luck on finding that thing that make him happy as an artist. I mean could you imagine if Tom Hanks had decided he was going to stick with shows like Bosom Buddies instead of raising his acting game?

• Like Like x 4
  13. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Who's care what he said ? he's a loose now.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Why do we care again?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "pfft, he should be grateful he even got work! sure didn't have a problem with all that MONEY!" as if nobody on here has never had a shitty job but did it for the money. christ.

god forbid shia want something more out of life. i wonder what all the detractors have done to meaningfully contribute to modern culture?

• Like Like x 3
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    DUIs
    Car accident
    Public intoxications (1 of them in front of minors, while making racial comments towards an African American police officer.)
    Loitering
    Public smoking (some areas don't allow for that)
    Fist fights
    Etc.

17. Puffy Mcpufferson

Puffy Mcpufferson Well-Known Member

Here's what I see his problem being: He's upset that the movies and the franchise were bigger than him, even though he starred in it- and that CAN happen.

Sometimes people don't watch your movies specifically to see you, but the characters and content you're involved with- that's all.

A good example for me personally: Brendan Fraser.

I don't give 2 shits about him, but I'll watch the Mummy movies over and over just because: I love mummy movies.
    I don't care who the mummy's after or who plays the human sacrifice or who does what- All I care about is the mummy.
    They can hire and fire whoever they want to play the hero, that doesn't matter to me- just as long as the mummy's badass.

I think Shia's upset that he was overlooked by a bunch of CGI robots, I think he believes the audience should've cared more about him and his character, and after hearing over and over about things like, "What's next for Prime and the Autobots?" or "Who will be the next Decepticon villain for Prime to face?"- he felt ignored because nobody gave 2 shits about Sam.

But come on....the title is TRANSFORMERS- not Sam Witwicky.

You can't star in a movie series named and focused on a bunch of CGI robots, and then get mad when the audience cares more about them- because THEY'RE the foundation of the film. Without them, there is no film.

If he wanted to be the #1 focus of the entire franchise, then he shouldn't have chosen one based on a bunch of giant alien robots. LOL

• Like Like x 9
  18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    No one cares Shia, get help for the serious mental issues you clearly have.

I'm not even trying to sound like an asshole when I say that, I seriously think he should get help for the issues he has. It's not like he can't afford it.

• Like Like x 5
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Shia.
    ‘Nuff said.

Although, I do hope he soon gets stuff figured out, personal demons slain, clean and sober, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I see that lot of news sites only grabbed the negative portion of the interview. The original complete one gives more context:
    Shia LaBeouf Talks Borg vs. McEnroe Movie, Arrest, Alcoholism and Rehab

"By 2011, after the release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon—LaBeouf’s third and final entry in the franchise, for which he reportedly made $15 million—his films had grossed north of $4 billion. But he hadn’t found artistic satisfaction in his work since the first one. At the time, he says, he struggled to see the merit in what he was doing. When I ask him to elaborate, he says he doesn’t want to once again bite the hand that fed him so well: “Michael and Steven did a lot for me. I’m not going to pooh-pooh those dudes anymore.”

Then he does just that: “My hang-up with those films was that they felt irrelevant. They felt dated as fuck... You come up on these stories about Easy Rider and Raging Bull and De Niro and Scorsese and Hopper, and you find value in what they do. Meanwhile, you’re chasing energon crystals. It’s very hard to keep doing what you’re doing when you feel like it’s the antithesis of your purpose on this planet.” He was twenty-five years old, and says he already felt he was “living in a gilded cage. No one gives a fuck about your problems. Everybody’s like, ‘Hey, man, you’re riding the wave!’” For a time, he figured college offered an escape hatch, so he applied to Yale, bolstered by a letter of recommendation from Spielberg. He says he got in but decided not to go. He saved a copy of Spielberg’s letter. He keeps it in his safe."

• Like Like x 4