Shia LaBeouf "Dropped The Ball" On Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by iwasherenotyou, May 17, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Free Hat one.

"Noooo, those are My Movies!"

and lol at Ewoks in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, i still find it more entertaining than TOD.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I love KoTCS. The first three were done in the style of old 1930's/40's serials, but Indy IV was done in the style of 50's B-movies. And I thought they pulled it off nicely. Yeah the fridge scene was a bit much, but I still laugh at it, and Shia's Tarzan thing was the only qualm I had with the entire movie. That should have been left on the cutting room floor.

4. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Notice that I put this in the Movies and Television section. :rolleyes2 

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I like KOTCS myself.

Of course, going in I had already pretty much accepted the fact that Ford is a senior citizen and that whatever Lucas and Spielberg had for storytelling ability is greatly diminished (let alone their creativity..."Let's replace the words 'aliens' with 'interdimensional beings' and 'Nazis' with 'Russians' - problems solved!"). So my standards were low before LaBeouf even figured to it, therefore I can't hold much against him.

What I REALLY liked about KOTCS was that they brought Indy and Marian back together rather than pair him up again with another blonde half his age - and reuniting them in merciless bickering was fantastic :D  ; as well as seeing John Hurt as essentially a wild-man hippie; the reference to the Young Indy Chronicles (Indy recalling his experience with Pancho Villa to Mutt); Indy's dealing with his snake phobia (and Mutt's response to it); and Williams' score reinvoking the father-son theme from "Last Crusade" for Indy and Mutt near the end.

I missed seeing Sallah, though. I know that this one went to South America this time, but for lack of Henry Sr. and Marcus, this would have been one bit of shoehorning I would have had absolutely no problem with whatsoever, even if only a brief cameo.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Sallah is your quality indicator.

7. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

KotCS has easily replaced ToD as my least favorite Indy film. It seemed lazy to me how they passed most obstacles by simply revealing the Crystal Skull.

8. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Exactly. Thats what some have forgotten. Though the monkey part was kinda stupid. I don't know.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly.

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still a hell of a lot better than Temple of Doom, god that movie was bad.

11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

1. That's kind of his point.
    2. He doesn't need to trash the film - every one else has done it for him. By taking responsibility (undeservedly IMO) for the film's problems, he should be adding to his stature, not diminishing it. Honestly it would be much easier (and more fair) to pass the blame onto Lucas, Speilberg, and the screen writers.

Personally I think KotCS is not as bad as some claim, but not nearly as good as it could have been.

First, we all knew going into the film that Marion was "Mary" and that Mutt was Indy's son. And I mean everyone, not just the internet nerds. Why play that as a secret? Put it up front, get it out of the way, and it gives urgency to the story, and gives Ford something to play off of.

Secondly, Oxley was pointless. If it was (as originally intended) Marcus, then OK, we have a guy we care about in jeopardy. But we don't give a damn about the old coot. Just drop him all together, and put Marion in his place. Now its not his life we're trying to save, but hers. This removes one character, and puts more focus on the rest.

Thirdly, we didn't need the ant sequence. Or the monkey vines. Make the film more practical so it still fits with the original trilogy. Don't greenscreen the car chase. If you can't at least strive to be as good as the truck chase in Raiders, then why are you even making the film?

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Honestly, I think it's the green screen that really killing the enjoyment of sequels and prequels of past franchises. The movies just aren't as fun to watch knowing that they're just actors in front of a green screen. It takes the magic out of movie-making IMO.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The screen work in the chase sequence was absolutely horrible too. Seriously some of the worst work done in the last ten years (given the budget).

14. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Only issue I had was with the Special FX. The heavy CGI sequences bothered the shiz out of me. I loved how all the old stunts were done in live areas where stuff actually went down with huge props and things. This film felt like it all happened on greenscreen and felt like Indy walked in the filming of Avatar.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This perfectly sums up my feelings on Indy