Shia Labeouf confused by Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    His thoughts mirror my own. Jumbled garbage.

3. overbeast.inc

overbeast.inc Well-Known Member

to be honest, when i read the title for the article I couldnt help but chuckle

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    At least he has the common sense to realize it was the writer's strike that hampered the majority of the film's plot and not all the other piss-poor excuses a lot of members suggest.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree here. while the movie was visually stunning and the fight scenes and such were ok, the plot is a mess and all over the place.

dont really need to say anything else that hasnt been said a hundred times over about this movie.

6. Mechabreaker

Mechabreaker Dead horse beater

Indeed, ROTF was a very confusing movie. It was, at certain times during the film, difficult to make out where the story was going, it was just a mess. I want the third part to be better, I really do, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until July 1, 2011 and hoping for the best.

7. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should also make sure that he doesn't get into a car accident during the shooting.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm surprised he didn't question the sense of humor the movie had and how it would be reflected by the target audience.

9. mikeflosi

mikeflosi #MyKeys_ToysandComics

maybe if they focused more on the Transformers and less humans characters you might have a good movie, but gee you wouldn't want to do that now, would you?:horse: 

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Considering every other word out of his mouth is profanity I can't imagine him having an issue with it.

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not surprising. Quite a bit confuses ol' Shia.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Yeah, he's confused huh? That's a bummer. Interesting to see an actor make a statement like that about one of their own movies. Usually you don't see that kind of thing until way after the fact, and certainly not before they are about to film another installment in the franchise.

13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This just in! ROTF was a cluster puck, and the people who made it know it!

14. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

I laughed when I saw this, but quite honestly he brings up a rather legitimate point critics and fans alike often overlook. It was written in a rush and the writers strike didn't help. Sure the first movie wasn't the best thing ever, but it had far less problems than rotf. I'll be happy if TF3 will just have a decent storyline.

15. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I watched ROTF in two parts last week. Divided at the point wgere Jetfire teleports the heros to Egypt.

The movie is actually much better if you make it a two parter. Not as draining.

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    The movie was fine then suddenly GO TO EGYPT, GET THE MATRIX, RESTORE PRIME BECAUSE SAM NEEDED HIM AND BECAUSE HE CAN BEAT THE FALLEN it felt rush and pointless in Egypt. Sorry for the caps.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I agree with him. ROTF wouldn't have made much sense to me either had I not already familiarized myself with the TF universe as a whole. The film was written too in-universe style, and the script was essentially about 50 pages of notes because of the writer's strike combined with the rushed production cycle initiated to kickstart the movie industry again. ROTF would have been a lot better had the writers another month or two to polish their drafts.

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :lolol 

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, this movie wasn't that bad, but it did wear me down very much. If they made a more focused movie and got rid of the immature humor for the third one, I'll be one smiling monkey.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It's great to have an Shia speak about how the writers strike was the downfall to the fiinal plot in ROTF. I knew something bad was going to come of the writers strike, and not to mention his hand injury, production rush and the like.

I know that if the writers strike never took place, I would have been able to see the Constructicons speak to one another, like real lines, close-ups, Sideways could have actually battled out Sideswipe a bit before being cut in two, Devastator could have been more aggressive, and taken out a lot of soilders, The Fallen maybe would have come close to killing Optimus in the final fight, or we could have known a bit more about the Primes and the Fallen.

Story, story, story.... and Barricade? Well, that's a whole other matter, I'm not sure if we would have seen him in this sequel, would have been nice, but it may be mostly up to Bay.

Soundwave, man, maybe more scree-time, less, far less humor, and more robot action, but sadly, it may have all been planned, but not accomplished in the final cut...

Shia has faith in Bay and Spielberg, so I will try to tag along as well, since we have yet to see what is ahead of us before the release of the first trailer, which probably will be sometime next year...:dj