Shelfwarmtastic

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's hard to say if they are shelfwarming here because I've only seen them in wild once. The local Wal-Mart put out a few Cyberverse figures and the large Prime figure but that has been it so far. A few weeks ago when I went out of town on a hunt I didn't find any Transformers Prime figures in any scale so they still seem rather slow to get out.

From what I'm hearing I guess it's a good thing I picked up Arcee to see how I'd like the Cyberverse scale.

2. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

Yeah, they have to be ON the shelf to warm it. Still haven't seen a single Prime fig at retail here...not that I want to buy them, but I would like to actually see one in person someday.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:

I'm of the opinion that folks who get all bent out of shape over an unofficial name should just lighten up. But you know what they say about opinions, eh?

OK.... I think you got other deep-seated issues going on that have nothing to do with TFs. But to each his own. Call the line what you want to call them, and the rest of us will call them what we want to. Live and let live and all that.

Back on topic, I get the feeling too that retailers have been slow to put out PRIDE Wave 1 and probably haven't ordered nearly as many cases as they did with the movie line. Can't prove it one way or the other but it makes sense that they're learning from past mistakes and don't want to be stuck with loads of unmovable stock as last time. Or maybe I'm just giving retailers too much credit and they're simply just too slow/lazy to put out Wave 1 stock already on hand in their back rooms.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyberverse and deluxe Bumblebee will shelfwarm and probably voyager Optimus as well.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    At least I haven't started a dedicated thread about it like all the "I Hate the Name 'CHUG'" people. And luckily, since you are one of the few who cling to the PRIDE thing, it doesn't come up often.

6. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Well, out here. We have the whole assortment shelfwarming to high hell for the past two weeks, and the Botshots have been flying.

7. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Due to the fact that are are probably ten thousand kids to every one fan who will happily buy all of the toys.

8. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

All I ever see is BB. Never seen any of the others. Not that I'm too interested. If anything I think that when the hype ends, the Botshots are gonna shelfwarm like a plague.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well, everything flies off at the start. It's a question of retailers overstocking, which I can see happening because there was such a rush at the start.

Right now, in London, there are a few Bumblebees hanging around but that's it. I fully expect, given the initial clamour in the fandom for these toys, that, ironically, we will be inundated with them and spend the next few months moaning: "nothing but Soundwaves and Ratchets in my area".

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It does seem like it's a bit early to make the big judgements on who things are going to move when they only seem to have started trickling out to retailers. We haven't even had a big toy buying holiday yet so it's just us collectors and kids that might get a small toy here or there from their parents.

11. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I think how well stuff sells in an area also has to do with how much income people make in the area.

Low income areas might have much more stock than low income ones or it's the other way around.