Shelflifex.com

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by chovner, Feb 15, 2012.

1. chovner

chovner Well-Known Member

So I have been using SHMAX.com to track my collection for years and recently signed up for the new Beta of Shelflifex.com, and I think I'll be switching over permamnently to Shelflifex. The site just seems better built, the catalogues look more user friendly and because the site is currently in Beta they're very open to any/all suggestions from users to improve the site's features.

You should all at least check them out. Oh and it's not just for TFs either, you can basically use it for all "toy" collectables. I'm looking forwards to when more catalogues get created and the site grows.

Shelflifex.com

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

3. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    I like shmax, this whole thread sounds like spam lol

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Signed up and added a couple items to my collection, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually view my collection. Needs some work.

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Ack look at those horrible pictures! No photo submission guidelines? Bleh.

Anyways, there is no entry for Bolide. I'd rather do less work (not more) into getting my collection into a database. Its already all in Shmax. Why do I need another one just to confuse things?

6. chovner

This isn't spam FYI, just informing my fellow collectors from below the border about a new up and coming site. In its infancy so obviously there will be problems/short comings.... BUT IF YOU CAN CHANGE.... AND WE CAN CHANGE.... WE CAN ALL CHANGE (Rocky 4 reference).
    Anyways if there's anything you don't like as a member you can always report a problem, suggestion or submit your own/better pics, and the catalogue curators can deal with it.
    I curated the Device Label, Music Label, Sports Label, and Alternators catalogues, and I'm currently creating the Disney Label catalogue... All volunteered creating by the way.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, I've tried using Schmax before and I've been using Shelflife for a bit now and find Shelflife much more user friendly. That and once they get the buy/sell section going, it'll be easy to find figures you're looking for. And the fact that it isnt just TFs is a great asset, imo, to keep track of all of my collections.

8. razin

razin Well-Known Member

The thing for people to remember, this is in early development, and unlike shmax, this will become an actual marketplace and not just a database to organize collections. Coming this spring the site will go live with the ability to buy and sell. Its almost like Crave and Shmax combined together to make a much better experience then both of those. I love it so far. Hopefully more people jump in to help curate more and more catalogs.

9. chovner

Thanks, forgot to mention the BUY/SELL aspect.

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, the buy/sell aspect will definitely add some great usability to the site. Also James posted this on Cybertron.ca that I thought my fellow collectors here might find interesting. This is in regards to a comment posted by a member on HISSTank in regards to being able to view your collection as a whole.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll give Shelflifex a try. I use to use Shmax, but got turned off the shear slowness of the site and it seams like they let anything constitute as a toy. Somehow, I don't think dogt tags should be added to the collection checklist.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, I was turned off Shmax for the same reason. I think I got about 1/10th of my collection in there, if that and then gave up. I've found Shelflife to be much more user friendly.

One tip for anyone that collects loose but complete figures, select the figure as 'sealed' first, then change it to 'loose'. By selecting 'sealed' it selects all items for the figure for you. Whereas if you select 'loose', you have to manually select each item you have for a particular figure. This is all done before you select 'submit' or 'have' in the pop-up window.
    (hopefully that makes sense)

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Something I had forgotten about when I posted the above is there is also a select all option for items within a product.

Also when in a sub catalogue, there's an H icon in the right side which allows a multiple have selection (where you're able to select an entire catalogue to add at once if you have all or most of a product line).

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I like it , but it needs more done yet , its missing the Japanese Beast Wars lines for example but I am sure they will be added in time.

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, they're still working on the various catalogues as well as other portions of the site. Technically it's still in Beta testing, it's just now open to anyone that wants to check it out while previously it was only open to people through the Cyberton.ca forums that expressed interest.

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I signed up for this quite early, but could never do anything because I was having computer troubles. Now that my system's all fixed, there's really no excuse for my apathy now is there? :) 

17. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    just figured i would resurect this thread since shelflife is now up and running and you can buy and sell on it.

18. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've started to slowly add my various collections there...but haven't tried the selling aspect yet.