Sheesh! Is there ANYWHERE I can still order United Jazz?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so we all know that United Jazz is a hot seller and he's disappearing from stores fast. Being in the UK, I pre-ordered him from Epicheroes three weeks ago with an ETA of March 8th. Fast-forward to today and I email them to ask about the status of my order. They told me that they're sold out and are waiting for restocks. WTF? What the hell happened to my pre-order? Needless to say, I was furious and I seriously doubt their claim that they will restock when no one else managed to. This was my first and last time I shop with them. :mad 

So all I've gained from this is lost time. I've looked everywhere, but United Jazz only shows up on eBay for over $50 before shipping. All other stores are sold out: BBTS, Kapow Toys, Digital Toys, Hobbylink Japan, Edbomber, Robotkingdom, Rakuten, 1999.co.jp, Amazon, Archonia, TFSource, AmiAmi - in fact, the pre-orders for that last one were sold out since January and Jazz hasn't been restocked since. Andy at Kapow has also said that his suppliers are dry. :( 

I can't justify spending more than £30 ($48) shipped on a figure that's just out, but I can't order from an American seller either because then I'd pay for Jazz being imported to the States, then imported to the UK. Even a search through our own Junkion Exchange has only turned up people who are searching for United Jazz themselves. So where, oh where, would it be possible to pick one up for a fair price? Please tell me I'm not going to get scalped on eBay. :cry 

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Im afraid the situation is grim, my friend. I got lucky because I had a local seller in Malaysia who was carrying United Jazz as a 'pair' with that horrible Classics BB mould.
    Ebay and scapled prices is a pretty common but depressing way to get him...unless you are patient and wait for the eventual restock.

3. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but who's to say Jazz will restock at all? It's been a couple months since he was released and no store has managed to get hold of extras. In fact, Hobbylink Japan lists its stock status for Jazz as "DISCONTINUED". He'll probably end up the way of Henkei Ratchet.

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ You said it.

That you've been wasting time on a preorder that didn't work out well for you so are you gonna keep wasting MORE time? Of course, United Jazz MIGHT get restock, then again, it MIGHT NOT. Understand that this can go both way... :rolleyes2 

Pick up one on eBay now.

Because you know jolly well that stores doesn't have him & he is appreciating in value while you're still pondering/procrastinating on your end.

Or you may just stake your all on a restock but when it doesn't materialise just as you'd expected, you're gonna have to deal with the high prices for him & I'm sure you'll be paying ALOT more than what he is worth currently. ;) 

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Yup, buy it on ebay. I really don't feel like reading another complaining thread in 2 weeks that it's not restocked and the price is even higher.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ That's a panic reaction. I'm not shelling $50 - $80 on a Deluxe figure that's just out because I can't find him in online stores. Your philosophy is that I should accept being scalped now or face being scalped more in the future. But the reason I made this thread is because I'm seeking a third option: not being scalped.

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    keep complaining then

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You might want to pay the 50 while you can. That's cheap compared to what it'll be in a few months. United is ending, and he will probably not be shipped again, unless it's a freak occurance like with the recent henkei convoy reissue. Waiting for a reissue of him instead of paying 50 now is a pretty big gamble, frankly.

I paid 55 for mine, shipped. It kind of sucked, but damn, he looks good.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Go the ebay route. $50 aint bad.

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I said it's $50 before shipping. The cheapest I could find shipped is $65. That is bad.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You were clear. But the figure is not shipping anymore. That is not bad, compared to where it will be in a few months. There is next to no chance of a sudden re-stock anywhere at retail price, short of a miraculous reissue ala Henkei Convoy.

13. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  14. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get it now on eBay. It WILL cost you in the next few months. That's fact. Supply and demand. Not trying to be a downer....... I own the figure and if I had to pay $50 to get it I'd do it in a heartbeat.

- Gregg

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Also have to agree. The United version for these figures already don't normally retail for chump change. And now that he is no longer being produce, you might as well get him now if you want the United version that bad.

16. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Ah well.. guess that's 5 bucks more.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very good advice here. You are going to either have to shell out the extra $$ or do without.

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Shipping is the burden we all must bear. Unless its excessive, then screw it.
    $15 for int. aint that bad bud. Its only gonna get worst. If you want it, thats what ya got.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Buy it now.... Cause it'll be $100 in no time. I guarantee it. Or buy the RTS one... Third option would be to not buy it at all.

Oh and BTW, restock prices at most places will be what the secondary market is asking.