she can walk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Hey all, so i come home yesterday and when i walk in the door my daughter is standing there upright not holding anything with my wife smiling behind her and she starts walking to me in little baby steps. almost made it to me before sitting on her rump. IM A HAPPY DADDY

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Watch out!! My son recently went from walking to climbing which usually leads to falling. It is cool when they first start walking, amazing.

Congrats.

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    It's not long from walking to running. Watch out. :wink: 

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome, congrats!

By freak chance I happened to have the camera rolling when my daughter took her first steps. I've got it on tape!

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! Soon she'll be running around, and getting into more trouble than you thought possible. The more they learn, the more trouble they find! :) 

-Tony!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's too cool. Soon you'll be hearing little footsteps running around, getting into trouble :lol 

Mine can stand up for a minute , and quick to get on her feet, but she still needs something to hold onto when she walks.
    Her crawling is like turbo though, turn around for a second and shes' gone

7. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

my little girl just turned 2 but man I can tell ya, the walking phase is really cool and funny. Mine wouldnt walk in certian shoes, she would flat refuse to. She wouldnt walk in grass or the sand (which I can understand). There is nothing more funny to watch than a kid running. That diaper sure slows em way down! Next stage is talking which is way cool to but even better is when they want to sing on thier own. very cool............for the first 30 min.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

So is that old 'terrible two's " saying true?

Im fearing those days :lol 

9. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

well pretty much yeah. She lays on the floor screaming, when that starts, I walk away. My wife kind of does the same thing. The two's have started, but with the bad comes the good too. Its a trade off. I travel during the week generally and I get to talk to her on the phone. we have basic conversations like her telling me that she sang and what she is going to eat tonight and she'll say I love you and miss you all on her own. so that part is way cool. She is more independant now which is also nice, she entertains herself with colors and her books. Though she thinks her car that she straddles and rides around the house, can go down the carpeted seven stair flight into the basement. She made that trip once on the car when mommy was not home and I was "on the watch". Yep, no nookie that night.

It sounds so cliche but whats really amazing is how quickly they learn things, actions, words, anything and everything.

Driving down the road the other day I was speeding and there was a cop shooting radar, my dector started going off. without thinking I exclaimed, "Crap, 5-0!" Well thankfully she overlooked the crap part but she picked up the 5-0 part. So now every time my detector goes off she's in the back exclaiming, "5-0 daddy, 5-0 mommy"........which is kind of funny to me but there was no nookie that night either....

10. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually I think it's the terrible three's. I'm telling ya, I have two nephews at that age and they are quite a pain. When they were both two, no problem. Cute as hell.

Rumble, that's great to hear! But watch out! She'll start running soon! ;) 

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Awwww.... that's so damn cute!

12. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

awesome man! mine's 2. we can't stop her, she runs all over the house w/mommy and daddy not far behind. i think she took her first steps around 9mo's and she is like a pro at it now. in fact she has some little high heel shoes that when she wears them she likes to pick up her toes and walk on nothing but the heels!

cute! only my little girl picked up another word.....my wife droped something one day and said, "oh, Shit!" next thing we hear is. "SIT! SIT!" needless to say my wife hasn't made that mistake anymore, lol.
    although she has picked up one thing from daddy that we try not to let her do also.....we are potty training and she saw daddy standing up to pee and now she tries to do the same, lol

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ahh one step closer to getting a job... :D 

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Congrats.

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    woot

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Congrats! Now it's time to start putting things up out of reach.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We opted not to go that route with our daughter (15 months), as we were worried about her behavior at other people's non-babyproofed homes.

Everything on the coffee and end tables, as well as the entertainment center is off limits, and while it took some extra effort to get her there, she doesn't touch anything she shouldn't anymore. Now when we go to a relative or friend's house, she knows not to touch things in any of those places.

I knew my characteristics were rubbing off on her when we had a bunch of people over and she started distributing coasters to everyone that had a drink. That's my girl!
    :D 

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Good job! :) 

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice training job there, ams. But, that means she's only one step away from pulling up a coaster and shot of jag for herself :D 

My one year old nephew recently started walking, and his single worst habit is putting the death grip on people and pets...little dude can inflict some pain. Luckily, the Welsh Corgi that typically receives the brunt of the violence is so laid-back that he seems barely conscious most of the time...the rest of the kids used to ride him like a motorcycle and use his ears as the handlebars and twist throttle.

20. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Aww that's just adorable! :)  And ams, good strategy! :thumb 

I can't wait to have kids of my own just to see those precious moments.