Shattered Sideswipe (a character study)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SkyQuake, Feb 29, 2008.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Hello all. Please forgive the poor photoshop. This is just an idea of mine that I'm exploring. I suppose Shattered Sideswipe would be similar to normal Thundercracker in that he questioned his cause. Only in this instance, Shattered Sideswipe actually does go over to the good Decepticon side. He still has a temper that is hard to keep in check though. Yes, I'm taking cues from his G2 color scheme. Tell me what you think of the concept. Be brutal, or be kind.

[​IMG]

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm not liking the color scheme BUT the character treatment sounds great, although it might fit Sunstreaker better.

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea. You may be on to something here. Out of all of the Armada molds, this one was allways the hardest to make a repaint out of due to the remolding of his chest. Yet it does fit your idea very well.

The only thing I'd add is that the color is too close to the original's to be used. But if you gave him a little more background and add that a reason he could have switched sides would have been the death of his brother at Prime's hands. Then he could be done in a Yellow and his Mini-con could be Sunstorm.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as a rule, try to keep it to 3 colours.

5. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Hiro Prime -

How about Goldbug killing his brother, or Sideswipe ending up killing Sunstreaker, because he found out Sideswipe was about to betray the bad bots.

KA -

Thanks for the advice. It's difficult when trying to pull from the colors of G2 Sideswipe. There's red, white, blue, and black. Then there's the color of his yellow to green (gradient) stickers.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If that was a Botcon exclusive I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i just pulled that mold out the other day....freaking love it...and thats a cool concept, but i too would listen to KA and stick to 3 colors....maybe make that pink a darker red....and the green could be darker too...

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd lose the green and darken the red, but aside from that it looks pretty good.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think using G2 Sideswipe as an inspiration for the deco is a good idea, but the red is reading more as salmon-colored and the lime green is sort of overpowering.

Even if it doesn't exactly match G2 Sideswipe, though, it definitely matches the overall G2 color sense! :)  So if that's what you're going for, I think it works.

Armada Wheeljack is definitely begging to be folded in to the "mirror universe" concept, though. I think that's a great idea!

10. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Ya, the pink is actually supposed to be red. I kept losing detail when I went darker with it in Photoshop (that's the problem with trying to recolor a white piece).

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    It is a little busy but I dig it anyway. I'd be all over that if it were a real release. And I like the story you came up with as well. Great job.

12. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I went ahead, and wrote a little fanfic on it. Yes, Grimlock is the opposit of his normal self....

Shattered

The Sideswipe

Rain pecks at my head, and trickles down my chin. Megatron had better keep his promises, or I’m going to be only so many disintegrated circuits. It’s my fault that my brother is on the scrap heap, but Goldbug is going pay for what he did in getting him there. Ah, who am I kidding? I might have pulled the trigger myself. Sunstreaker was going to turn me in to Optimus Prime…. But Goldbug thought Sunstreaker was the traitor. So, I played my cards a little longer, and here I am hiding in this broken walled Earth building trying to right a few wrongs…. The question is, will I survive to make the change?

I knew I couldn’t fake it forever. Blaster overheard my transmission to Megatron, and I’ve been on the run these past 20 earth hours. They’re looking for me. Jazz is particularly nasty after that surprise I left for him. I hope it took out Ricochet in the process. I…

The wall that Sideswipe was hiding behind buckles as Sideswipe jumps away.

Grimlock, while in tyrannosaur mode, picks his way across the debris. “So, you ARE here! Searching for comfort with the enemy? You’ll not make it traitor. I will see to that!”

Sideswipe disgusted that someone like Grimlock found him responds, “You must really enjoy being Prime’s lapbot, Grimlock. Tell me, how exactly does he like his bearings greased?”

Grimlock with a rather sophisticate cock of the eyebrow, says distastefully, “I will not dignify that with a response. His Excellency wanted you alive, but didn’t say in what condition. Heh, this will be fun, but I’d rather witness your destruction in a more civilized manner.”

Grimlock (transforms to robot mode) lunges at Sideswipe with bayonet gun in one hand. Sideswipe ducks to the right, and pile-drives Grimlock in the lower side of his chest. Grimlock careens into another wall as it collapses on top of him. Girders come down from the ceiling, and pin him. Grimlock opens his radio communicator, and transmits.

“This is Grimlock to all available Autobots in vicinity. I have the traitor at my mercy, but request assistance in securing him for transport.”

Another voice comes over the channel, “Ya, right. How far is he behind you…. and is he gaining?”

“Goldbug, I will not dignify….” Grimlock cuts off his transmission as Sideswipe levels his blaster on him.

Sideswipe skitters on the edge of thought…..I may be going over to the Decepticons, but that doesn’t mean I’ve gone soft. It’s just…. Putting matters right. I wish I could have brought you with me bro’, but that was to hope for too much. If there is an Allspark, I hope to see you again in it.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I had the same idea myself, I'm actually really shcoked they haven't done this in the shattered set, I mean its about the only time they could re use that mould and its fantastic. Even a total hack writer could put a story together for it and it still be passable.