Shattered Glass

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jwarenec1, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

So ive been looking shattered glass for a bit now and thought to myself how cool it would be to have a shatterd glass toy line come out so they would be available to the public, your thoughts?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think it's probably something that would only appeal to collectors, unless maybe there were some new molds involved.

I'd love it.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    It would be cool. You are right. But like anything, the figures need to look nice for me to buy them.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll ever make a shattered glass storyline, The only way i could see that work is if they release a direct to dvd Shattered Glass movie in the vegin of alot of the DCAU films.

However if it got made i'd love to own a SG Megatron.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'd never do it. Hasbro wants to build Transformers into a full-blown IP brand, distilling certain core concepts, and keeping certain core characters recognizable.

Shattered Glass has the opposite effect, muddying character distinctions and messing with the faction dynamics.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They have made a storyline...

7. jwarenec1

I dont think that it would be that hard most are recolors of existing molds, I just think that some of th repaints would look awesome like the yellow dirge for example or oppositely colored combiners

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If they ever make another repaint line like Universe 1.0, then this would be the best way to go about it.

9. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Hey, I think it's possible. Hasbro has done the "what if" toyline for Star Wars, so it's a slight possibility that they can do the same thing with Transformers.

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but there is a difference between hasbro making a storyline...and hasbro signing off on a third party company that holds the license for the collector's club of transformers making a story.

NOT the same thing at all....IF hasbro made this storyline...there would be official transformers toys and probably a cartoon in support of it...not the 1/2 assed dribble and spurts that FP has put out about the shattered glass universe...

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There is a difference between third-party companies and the relationship between Fun Publications and Hasbro. The materials and stories that Fun Publications produces are official.

12. jwarenec1

I guess my choice of words have been slightly misunderstood by toyline i mean repaints or something that could come out in universe line or something not neccessarily its own toy line though I would like the possibility of that

13. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I remember correctly... at Botcon this year Pete said SG was pretty much a FunPub thing and Hasbro had no interest in it. I really like it and would love to see it in stores, but like others have mentioned I think it would be more on the collector's side (which usually is on the back burner).

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

While it would be nice if they came out with a Shattered Glass toy line in mass retail, I don't think that will ever happen. At most, they will have Shattered Glass toys as TFCC exclusives.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    no they are not...hasbro signing off giving approval and making it official are NOT the same thing. FP might not be a third party company but what they do does not have the "OFFICAL STAMP" what you make is CANON material or characters are going to be "OFFICAL HASBRO APPROVED"

example...hasbro approved the name NEXUS PRIME in the comic book work that FP did..then withheld approval for the TOY.

just because they give permission for FP to use characters in stories and comics or BOTCON toys does not mean those stories or characters are OFFICAL canon or storywise OFFICAL.

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand what you mean here? How did they withhold approval for the toy when Funpub did make the Nexus Maximus/Prime toy?

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    the name...they would not let it be called nexus prime...that is why we got the sex toy name instead...NEXUS MAXIMUS....

just showing that as an example...just because FP invents a character or storyline does not mean hasbro will make it offical canon...

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That's a poor example, Hasbro is protective of the name Prime even with their own products. That's why we have Rodimus Minor.

19. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

I'd never thought I would see the day when fans ask Hasbro for more repaints...

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why the need for a storyline? Generations/RtS/Powercore -- unless I'm forgetting something, the only "storyline" we have for them are the loosely connected character bios.

Wouldn it not be feasbile to produce a Shattered Glass figure, throw it into Generations, and simply state in the bio that he comes from a alternate universe?