Minor/Repaint: Shattered Glass Slipstream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Trikeboy, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Slipstream attended Crystal City College and while the current golden boy Starscream was making a name for himself. While just as intelligent, she harbored no ill feelings towards him. She graduated second in her class, Starscream obviously the first, and was elated when he asked her to work with him. When war broke out after Orian Pax became the evil Optimus Prime, Slipstream joined the Decepticons under the wise leader Megatron along with Starscream. Her kindness and motherly intent was felt by all the Decepticons, it even inspired Straxus to write an epic poem about her. She currently works deep in Kaon assisting Starscream with whatever experiments they think of and she was the one responsible for the designs of the Nemesis.

This is something I have been working on for a while now and I finally got her to a finished place. She is made from a Murasame Gundam toy and stands slightly shorter than the classics seeker mold. The head is from an Arios Gundam with some modification to the fins. I cliped the tips of the upper fins and glued them onto the arm so the bombs can be mounted on her arms. I also removed one set of tabs off the wings. Obviously she is in Arcee colours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A regular coloured Slipstream is currently being worked on and will be uploaded soon.

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

She looks fantastic. Does she transform? I'd like to see her alt mode.

3. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

Looks nice! I'll be honest,from the thumbnail it looked like she was based on Elita-1 not Arcee.

4. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool!

5. Shinbs

Shinbs Well-Known Member

I do like your work on it,and I dig the head,but I don't really think this looks very female.
    But from the pics you posted of the original toy,I think this would a hell of an Armada Starscream,no painting would be even needed at all,even the altmode looks like it!

I'll be waiting for the regular version,nice job.

6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

she's lovely! hmmm,i like how you make her look like falcia from the micron linkage manga.

7. damian_1349

damian_1349 Wrecker

Looks great, i think if the feet, calves, and forearms were trimmed down she would look so much more feminine. all the same great custom

8. Grimlock64

Grimlock64 Well-Known Member

I would totally buy this if it were a mass retail toy. Also, that Murasame Gundam toy, is that a model kit, or part of the Robot Spirits line or something else?

9. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes she does transform. Well, she has a jet mode but you have to remove the arms and legs first. The pieces needed to make jet mode are still drying but I will upload them later.

Hmm, Elita-1, I can see it.

Thanks

That was actually my intention when I bought my first Murasame, I wanted to make a Cybertronian Starscream. However after seeing the petite frame next to a classic seeker it looked female to me so she became Slipstream (the one that is being repainted in regular colours). See below for a comparison shot with the seeker mold.

I had no idea about Falcia before you posted this. Ironically, I know the perfect mold choice for her :) 

There isn't much in the legs to be trimmed down without ruining the legs unfortunately. It's one of the things I don't like about Gundam's, that and the giant feet.

Thanks, it is made from a kit. The kit is actually fairly cheap compared to other similar products. 1/144 HG Murasame Production Type | HobbyLink Japan

Here are some new pics:

[​IMG]

The Murasame looked small, petite and female to me next to the seeker mold.

[​IMG]

My attempt at a Galvatron love pose à la Thunderblast :) 

10. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wicked

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Awww Well done.

12. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice! Turned out well :)  What are you using for the background bases? Those look outstanding with your figures