Customs: Shattered Glass Shockwave ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by nellie131, May 25, 2011.

1. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well i have been fortunate enough recently to pick up two energon shockblast figures which have had new arms on them already and all ready to go after a basecoat on them but id like some opinions on some colour ideas for a SG version of shockwave.

i have thought of either a dark blue, deep sorta red colour OR opposite on the colour wheel is green soooooo, what would make sense?

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One option is to pick the colors based on a G1 Autobot you use as an analog for his SG personality. Without really knowing that much about G1 Shockwave, I'd say he's cold, calculating, efficient and a scientist type. So, you could model him after... Ratchet, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Grapple, Hoist, etc.

3. nellie131

News Credits:
    ^^ ahh i see what you mean seeing as its like "opposite of their traits" in the normal TF universe... hmmm leaves me a lot to think on :)  now then back to colour charts lol

4. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And you don't need to be that faithful to the G1 Autobot equivalent. In my example, I flipped his personality but kept his scientific proficiency. You could ignore the personality change, and flip the science part, although off the top of my head I don't know any G1 Autobots like that.

Try to hone in on a particular trait you'd like your SG Shockwave to have, and see which G1 Autobot already has it.

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Shockwave = Logic.

Shockwave is portrayed as highly logical, and thus also sometimes withdrawn from battle and action, more of a behind-the-scenes planner/mastermind.

Shockwave turns into a gun. He also has a gun hand. Therefore, he agains gets shown as a long range robot, self-removed from action.

So we need an Autobot who likes to fight, quite often and quite violently, and also who loves to get close up. A brawler, a hothead, if you will.

There are a few Autobots like that. Cliffjumper (to some people) is a up close, in your face sorta guy, who prefers fists to words. So you can choose a red colour scheme.

Blurr's speed is an opposite to Shockwave's presumed slower, more calculated movements, so blue is an option.

Wheel jack shares Shockwave's brain power, but Shockwave is highly logical, while Wheeljack's stuff keeps blowing up. So go with white.

6. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lastly, as food for thought, I always love the example of SG Cyclonus. He has G1 Hot Rod's colors who, like G1 Cyclonus is intensely loyal to his leader. But in the SG universe, Cyclonus is a traitor, and to some degree, so is SG Rodimus.

Also what Treadshot said. Plenty of options and ways to look at it!

7. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Well, according to the Tfwiki, he's yellow...so take that as you will.

8. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. nellie131

News Credits:
    wow lots of options! thanks guys

10. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Another suggestion, though not necessarily sticking to the general concept behind SG colour choices, is Animated Shockwave's colours before he becomes purple. I think the grey, black, white and teal could look pretty cool with a red Decepticon logo.

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

how about pre shockwave astro magnum for the colorscheme but perceptor for the personality?

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You could also paint him in Animated Longarm's gray, black, and blue color scheme