I've been wanting to take a crack at this for a long time. I started this about a month and a half ago, took me about 7 attempts to get the flames the way I wanted them. Probably the most difficult technique I've ever attempted, and painting these on this small of a scale is damn near a nightmare, but I'm fairly satisfied with the results. I wanted them to appear to be leaping out of the engine, rather than pulling from the front of the hood. I also chose to keep the flames only on the hood, like the G1 Rodimus, and went with purple for the windshield instead of red. I started with a base coat of HoK black lacquer, and then drybrushed a few parts with custom mixed Testor's metallic enames. Flames were laid down using Testor's Silver Chrome, then overcoated with blue and purple candies. Then entire figure was then sprayed with Testor's One-Touch Wet Look Lacquer. He's been curing for about 2 weeks, finally reassembled him today.