Shattered Glass Rodimus worth the High Price Tag?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jay724, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think SG Rodimus is worth the high price tag? I have the KO and its a POS and I want a legit one real bad, but feel really shitty for paying 3-450.00 for a small deluxe figure.

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    No, but I do think Henkei Wildrider is worth the price tag!

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    It's all opinionated. What it's worth depends on the person. Even though I already have it, I have other stuff I rather use my money rather than the current prices they're going for.

5. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

I think it's only worth it if it's with the Shadow Scyther armor. Otherwise, just get the KO.

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No its not at all. I had purchased him for after market prices and was so scared of messing with him because of how expensive he was I just sold him and got x4 of the KOs for 1/5th his price.

7. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm just really disappointed with my KO. The Shadow Scythe armor's not fitting right. The head for Shadow Scythe doesn't go on all the way and the chest piece is super tight and I'm afraid I might break it.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Damn. Sorry to hear that. I hated not being able to get a SG Rodimus. But for the price of him, you better off buying the masterpiece SG Rodimus. You could always get a BiS Rodimus and try dyeing him black.

Edit - How far down does the head go on? It doesn't slide all the way down on the head anyway, kinda gives it movement. You can try pulling the face on the helmet down to cover the face a little more.

Also, the chest piece kinda snaps on there, the instructions aren't clear.. but it fights tightly, so it may just be that you're worried about breaking it. Trust me, it was a tight fit on BiS Rodimus I had him on.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if it's really worth the price tag...but I'll probably be picking him up anyways, so I guess it'll be worth it to me? I'm a black redeco whore that's chastised myself for not picking it up before the price ratcheted up dramatically, but oh well. I did get lucky and picked up Wildrider well ahead of the obscene prices it goes for now...the $120 or whatever it was I paid is depressingly a bargain now.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For - If you have the Shadow Scyther armor then it would be nice to have a SG Hot Rod or Wildrider to go with it.

Against - If all you are going to do is display it what does it matter if you have a KO or authentic inside?

Basically, you need to decide if you want a $350 display piece or a $600-$700 display piece.

I happen to own a SG Hot Rod because I went to Botcon 08 and a Wildrider that I shelled out over $200 during the Henkei craze (pre-Scyther) but I don't think I personally could shell out the asking price for those guys right now. The only other bots I own that are worth that much is the Botcon Megatron and I acquired that one in a trade.

11. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

I do have the KO SG Rodimus, unfortunately it doesn't fit all that well. head and chest don't fit properly.

12. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does your Shadow Scyther fit properly on Classics Hot Rod?

13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you put it in the armor, why not get the KO? Most of the flaws will be covered.

14. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have one and love it, but I paid well under $100 shortly after it came out. I bought Wildrider for under $150 before it exploded and am very happy with that. As much as I love the figures, I don't think they are worth the going market rate at all - you can get a custom for much cheaper, or, if your endgame is to use it in the Shadow Scythe armor, I suggest getting the crystal Sons of Cybertron version. That can be had for about $50-$75 and looks AWESOME in the Scythe armor.

15. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another cheaper possibility to consider is the Henkei Clear Hot Rod. I own both SG Hot Rod and Wildrider and I'm still using the Clear Hot Rod with my Scyther.

There's an ever better picture out there somewhere but these are the only ones I can find.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

16. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

Yeah it fits Classics Rodimus fine. It just doesn't fit well on the KOs

17. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

Wow! It does look pretty good with the crystal red Rodimus. I might look into that. Thanks!

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. I commissioned a custom job on my Classics Rodimus so I don't have to spend the outrageous price on that toy.

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before KO come out,it is worth it but after the KO version is out,the original Sg Rodimus is not worth that much

20. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

I paid $20 for my KO SG Rodimus AKA the same goddamn thing as the original. I can't justify paying that much for a figure anyways. The real question is why did the price get this high for SG Rodimus? Also Wildrider for that matter