Minor/Repaint: Shattered Glass Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wwoptimusprime, Jan 11, 2011.

1. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

Fansproject did such a great job on the protector armor that I new I had to get the Shadow Scythe set for my Shattered Glass Rodimus/Hot Rod. Unfortunetly, when I got mine in the mail, I realized only then that the paint apps. were more for Henkei Wildrider the SG Rodimus.
    So, even though I really dont like using paint brushes, (mainly becuse I usually suck at it), I decided to go for the gold. The comic that comes with the set Portrays his armor in a SG design but I decided to go a little different. Still need to touch up the Flames on the legs and the Chest still has me thinking of painting the flames there as well.
    Let me know what you think and if I should go pur purple on the chest or not. Also, the purple does match up a little better in person then I does in the photos.

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    very nice:thumb 
    after watching Peaugh's review and him pointing out the face, and flames on the chest i was going to paint my own as well,

it makes all the difference!:thumb 

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Wow. I am completely envious and applaud the BALLS it takes to paint up a exclusivity like Scyther. Bravo.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah. It'd be cheaper to buy Protector and paint him from the ground up.

5. wwoptimusprime

It might be cheaper but, I'm not that good at painting. Anyway, I also wanted the exclusive, just wasn't happy with the way the paint matched Wildrider more then SG Rodimus. Trust me when I say my paint skills really sucked before. I'm just glade it came out so well. Still up in the air about the chest, any suestions anybody?

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD! Dude! you can't do that! don't you realize something like Scyther is not YOURS to own and do with as you will?! It must be kept PERFECT for the person your inevtabbly sell it to for 5X what you paid!!!!!

:lol 

7. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

nice job. i think you should paint the red on the scythe purple too.

i have a scyhter but not a rod/wider so i'm making a hybrid out of a junker i have to match the armor. i'm going to see if i can find some ball jointed hands to swap out so i don't have to paint them and keep my kit un altered.

8. wwoptimusprime

I really wanted to leave it alone but the fact that it matched a figured that i dont own really irateded me. It needed to be done and am i sorry i did it, no. My SG RP now has the power he was looking for to take over prime (every intention of doing a comic about it).

9. wwoptimusprime

As for the scythe, I'm still up in the air about painting it. It looks good red but, ya, the purple would probubly make more sence.

10. Absolute

Absolute Evil Autobot

Ebay: