Shattered Glass Reinforcements?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Apr 30, 2008.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Autobot Blaster and Blockrock will be hitting stores later this year, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans to display them as "Shattered Glass Soundwave and Laserbeak" (with some help from Reprolabels, from whom I'm hoping to commission some reversed-color faction labels). I think I may also end up displaying Movie Armorhide with the mirror universe figures as "Shattered Glass Huffer."

Anyone else have plans to do something similar? Any other figures out there that seem like they would be a natural fit with the Botcon set's theme?

Discuss. Or not. :) 

[​IMG]

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Cybertron Scorponok, could be a Shattered Glass Scorponok.

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Cool. But if you look in the comic, it uses Music Label Spark White Soundwave as Shattered Glass Soundwave. :D 

4. WhiteMocha

Really? Interesting... since I bought the non-attendee set (which hasn't shipped yet) I have yet to read the comic. That's kinda cool they used white MP3wave in it... gives him more of a reason to exist. :) 

Nevertheless, I think Universe Blaster is still a better fit for me. I like the idea that both he and Starscream are color-swapped with their respective nemeses. Plus, like Megatron and Starscream he turns into a large, futuristic flying vehicle.... which lends a nice consistency to the Decepticon ranks. And he comes with Laserbeak. :) 

So yeah, I dunno... I was thinking Cybertron Downshift might make a nice SG Wheeljack, since he's rather evil-looking. And I like General Magnus' idea of using Dark Scorponok, that's pretty cool! Maybe Energon Sixshot as Shockwave? Or Target Scout Arcee as SG Arcee?

5. General Magnus

Energon Sixshot as a SG Shockwave is kind of cool. A very cool adition.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Something like Flamewar could make a cool SG Arcee, but of course she could be tricky to get hold of. But yeah, the movie version could work. I do like your idea of using Blaster as Soundwave, especially as he's just a redeco - and again, it's not like the white MP3 fella's an easy snag either. Cyb Downshift would indeed make a cool Wheeljack; you're right, he does look more menacing, which is one of the reasons I'm repainting him into Slicer for my own collection.

Other possibilities off the top of my head: Energon Quickstrike as Springer, CDF Red Alert as Stalker, and maybe Energon Cliffjumper as Ruckus (since Ruckus makes an appearance in the comic, albeit not in that form).

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe it was actually suggested by the staff at the Con that Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime would be played by the Classics Ultra Magnus figure. Which makes good sense, actually.

8. General Magnus

It´s makes my brain hurt.

Evil Prime which is a alt version of a good Prime has a clone who is good which has a evil version which is a clone from the good Prime....

GAHHHHHH! NOT AGAIN!!!

*brain explodes*

9. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I bought a Gundam model that transforms, that i will custom paint into shattered glass jetfire, i'll post pics of it when it is done if anyone would like me to. And how about movie barricade as shaterred glass prowl?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  10. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Pics were taken the first days the souvenirs were available of all the bios, including the Mini-Cons, so take another look. Comic book scans are against the rules of the forum, plus the comic can be purchased separately later on.

Evil clone in normal universe is a good clone in mirrorverse. Nothing mind-boggling about that...

I'm not going to make "reinforcements" (cute thread title BTW) for a Botcon set that at this point I'm not going to own, but there are some great ideas out there, especially thanks to many upcoming Universe redecos. Most obvious one was Fracture as SG Mirage. I was also thinking Crankcase could be SG Ratchet, and Breakaway as either Runabout or Runamuck (fitting considering the similarities between Battlechargers and Throttlebots). The Universe repaints and other non-Movie Movie exclusives are just a goldmine of other possibilities.

12. WhiteMocha

Nice. :lol 

Cool ideas so far! And yeah, I think the non-Movie Movie molds and repainted Universe molds are good sources... since they're usually kind of a loose fit in their original continuities anyway.

Grindcore might make a good SG candidate, since he's an Autobot painted in Constructicon green. Maybe Scoop?

Anyway, fun stuff... thanks guys! :) 

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'd really like a set of the Constructicons in Ratchet's colors like in the comic, and the Cyclonus in Hot Rod red and orange might look good as well. Maybe he'll be the Club SG exclusive from the new classics mold.

For those that have read the comic, anyone catch the red/grey/blue Energon Barricade behind Megatron's right shoulder on page 20? A preview of the final club combiner figure's color scheme?

14. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Pics? I'd really love to see this, since I'm eventually going to obtain the 3 remaining combiner limbs I need.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The mould would work well, no doubt, but I'm not quite sure about the 'fittingness'. Battlechargers were far more like Jumpstarters than Throttlebots, although I suppose there is the whole pull-back action and zero articulation thing.
    But where do the Throttlebots come into it anyway? Breakaway is basically a renamed Getaway, who was a Powermaster.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Who's SG Goldbug? :D 

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, right. Dumbarse - I'd forgotten they used that version of him and not Bumblebee. :p 

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Movie Barricade repro-labelled (and red-crested) as SG Prowl, just as a different take?

Movie Cliffjumper as Runabout/amuck, or a Stuntacon?

How about some Classics/Cybertron seekers as Arielbots?

Errr... Classics Bumblebee as SG Bugbite?

19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Hmm...Classics Optimus Prime as Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime?

I don't know, I'm just throwin' out some ideas...

20. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Yeah, 'cause Whitewave doesn't do much now. :lolol  And Big Daddy would make a better SG Wheeljack, IMO.

:lol 

I'd be all over Hotclonus and the Constructibots. As for Endergon Barricade, I think you may be on to something. Hey, do you by any chance know who's head that is behind Hotclonus on page 17? And did you catch the Orange Real Gear Camera dude as SG Reflector? Genious! I hope Hasbro does this in Universe, but with G1 colours. :D