Minor/Repaint: Shattered Glass Gold Bug BB VERSION

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rumble02, May 29, 2012.

?

Close enough to Goldbug to get the vibe?

1. Yes closer than Botcon Version

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. NO dude way off.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Either one is fine

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. It is what it is.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Hello all, Since I cant afford a shattered glass Gold Bug I made my own. THe body is CLassic BB and the head is a modified Energon Snowcat. C&C always welcome.I know the gold is a little thick but such is things.

Name: Goldbug
    Allegience: Evil Autobots
    Function: Espionage/ Master Theif
    Quote : “Mind if I borrow this?”

Goldbug will take upgrades from enemies and comrades alike if it will serve his purpose. Stealing is just what he is good at. He thought he was fully loaded and attempted to take on Ultra Magnus when he first learned of the planned coux. He was largely over confident and Magnus made a very real example out of him. Optimus Agreed to save Goldbug but gave him an alt mode which closely resembled his original form. He did this to show how displeased he was that Goldbug failed to stop Magnus. Goldbug is now more ready for revenge than ever and has made it his personal mission to take down Magnus, Octopunch, and their whole team. While the Heroic Decepticons know Goldbug is a dangerous foe, many of the Evil Autobots shall soon learn this lesson themselves. Goldbug now has a new passion for taking the upgrades of other bots while they still function, and enjoys that they are in constant pain while he extracts them. His smaller frame keeps him safe during battle and his new optics allow him to see inside his enemies so he can find core components which he wishes to steal. Goldbug is now ready to go through anyone friend or foe to ensure his place at the right hand of Optimus. He also hopes to have a chance to meet the heroic Bumblebee in Battle and prove that he is the better bot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Needs shinier gold. :D 

3. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    I'm one of the few guys it seems that refuses to pay attention to shattered glass. I think it's because it would mean more toys that I would "have" to buy. :) 
    So I'm not voting. BUT, I do think this really looks like goldbug minus the whole SG color thing. love that head.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm in this boat as well. That being said, when I see others' work, I can easily put aside my own biases as well and comment on the work at hand. I think you did a great job tackling this character!

5. Rumble02

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. So who would you like me to Shatter next?

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work.

7. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

I voted closer than the Botcon version because it is. The Hotshot mold they used just didn't fit at all. Though to be fair, this one reminds me of the Animated Elite Guard and Hydrodive Bumblebees. The black and that particular blue with the gold and that head... It's not a bad thing, those are great colors!

8. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    Nice color palatte, and great work on the bio--sometimes that's my favorite part of a customs entry! What did you use as the base for the head?

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. Rumble02

Hey Diggs, the head is Energon Snowcat minus the gas mask and I filled in the holes with Sculpy then used heat to dry it out

10. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Wow that is great! Very good work I like the head you used better than the Beezelboss head or Venksta's head.