Minor/Repaint: Shattered Glass Galvatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Issue 30 of the TFCC's magazine debuted the profile for a Shattered Glass Galvatron, one of the more clever of the repaints in SG using the Cybertron Evac mold. I'm completely convinced that this was intended to be the second club figure instead of SG Cyclonus. No hard facts to back that belief up, but I'd still bet money on it. I figured if we're not going to get him (though I still hope), I'd have to make one as a placeholder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Because of the amount of black molded pieces used in Universe Blades, I was able to pull a lot of parts from him and Frankenstein something together with Universe Springer. I need to get some tools to remove pins, a few pieces had to be painted black because I had no way to remove them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes, I shot these in the kitchen, good times :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      278.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      253.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      193.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      184.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      191.2 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      114.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      261 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      181.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      221.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      293.6 KB
      Views:
  2. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step. TFW2005 Supporter

look really good! I'm actuallt surprised I've not sene one of these done until now.

3. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

DAMN! I was working on this, too!!! haha, looks great tho, good job!

4. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

just great, a great choice of mold, would never have thought of it.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Whoa. If you really take a close look at it, its fairly obvious why they used this mold as SG Galvatron. Well done.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Hey, it works! Especially after seeing that headshot. Someone used this mold for Optimus Prime that looked really good too.

Very nice job.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Looks good, but his eyes should be blue.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks sick man! I love the action shots :) 

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

The custom is sweet. I like the action pictures..overall I like it.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm glad someone finally made this. It's one of my favorite SG repaints. It looks so cool.

11. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    It kinda fits, it kinda doesn't for a Galvy, but either way the paint job looks great!

12. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    I love Galvatron, I love the Evac mold, and I love your repaint! Hopefully the TFCC will eventually release this guy as an exclusive, but in the meantime, excellent job on making this figure a reality!

13. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

Holy shit! This kicks ass! Why are the people at Hasbro and Takara so lazy these days?

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice to see someone finally flesh out an SG Galvatron out. Great job.

15. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So am I actually, I figured once the magazine had made it out to everyone that a few of these would pop up quick.

Awesome, I can't wait to see it! I tweaked a few things on mine (I left off the gray from the crown and didn't bother with those yellow marks on the lower legs,) so I'm curious to see how you handle yours :) 

Me either! This was one of the Shattered Glass characters I'm the most impressed with, especially with the way the mold (especially the midsection) works with Galvatron's colorscheme.

Thank you! And I agree, it's a perfect choice, one that I never would have thought of on my own. This makes me take a closer look at some of the other molds, because there may be some real gems for other SG characters.

Thanks for the heads up on the Prime custom, I just looked it up and Wow! A big thumbs up :thumbs2:  to chansformers on that one. Ever since I saw Galaxy Force/Cybertron, I've wondered what the other Convoys would look like behind a faceplate. Now I'd actually like to see chansformers's custom in Evac colors ;P

You know, I completely overlooked the eye color change in the comic vs profile pic until after I had already covered the translucent parts of Springer's head and filled in the eyes! I was basing my colors on his profile art where the eyes are red, but it would have been much less of a pain if I could have just left the light piping alone. Ah well, misternewuzer, take notes for yours:) 

Thanks! I was tempted to break out my Strafe (a.k.a SG Cyclonus placeholder) so I could have Galvatron glaring at him, but it was around 2 in the morning… and Drench kept falling over, arg.

Thanks! I think the Evac mold is one of the best in the Cybertron line because of how much articulation they managed to work into it. Even with the extra Chopper parts attached to his forearms he gets a wider range of motion than a lot of the Transformers on my shelves.

Thank you! I can’t give the club enough credit for applying Galvatron’s colors to this mold, there are very few molds that come anywhere close to being this good. The only thing that’d make him better is if he could be modded into a canon :D 

Many thanks! I think I’d have mixed feelings about this being Galvatron for a continuity outside of Shattered Glass, but if they replaced the grappling hook with a big-a## canon, I think I’d be okay with him choosing to become a chopper :) 

I really think Galvatron is who they wanted to give us as the club figure. I’d love to ask them about that, but I doubt they’d be allowed to give us a direct answer. I mean, it would have made perfect sense to give us a Galvatron since they already put out Megatron.

Unless the club tells us it was their decision not to offer Galvatron, I’m going to remain miffed at Hasbro for denying them the chance to make him.

Thank you Process! I’ve been wanting to make this guy since he popped up in the magazine, but I’m really hoping the club surprises us and manages to give this guy an official release. I really think members and non members would snap this guy up.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I was hoping you would do this piece. you have not disappointed me. Im thrilled. and would gladly buy one.

17. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I was waiting for someone to do this... Maybe he'll be a Botcon exclusive, like the others?

18. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Great job buddy! It's definitely a no-brainer, but you're right, legal probably nixed it for whatever reason!

19. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

VERY VERY nice work!!!!!! Love what you didi, here. All he needs now are some of those funky G2 decals. :thumb 

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Very nice work. Love the idea.