Shattered Glass Appreciation Thread 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, he's definitely hard to find. I had to wait like 4 years to find one at a decent price. I got mine from a member last year for 65 dollars. He's only missing his missile (which I never display on my figures) and his tech specs.

2. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

KOV3 Shattered Glass Prime. This guy had a few loose joints when he came, but nothing some FFF couldn't fix :D  In terms of plastic quality, he feels spot on with the official toy (owned it at one point). Highly recommend this guy for those that can't afford the real deal.

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Found a use for Renderform's alternate colored Goldbug head.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I do the same thing on some figures - I always worry that it will lose tension, fire itself, bounce off into a corner somewhere and get sucked up by the vacuum when I'm not paying attention.

I actually ordered one just a few days ago (from here) - will probably have it in hand in July if the shipping goes as expected. I'm curious how it will compare to the earlier KOs of the mold. I've got Blue Konvoy, which I think is pretty decent quality (some joints a little loose, and no ratchets like the legit one, but feels good in hand), but I've heard that this latest versions is really close to the Hasbro figures. I really dug through a bunch of sites to find the one that didn't have the "not for sale" on the front bumper.

I ordered one of the SG City Commander trailers, too - someone clarify for me: I can't seem to find if Fansproject ever actually made an official SG City Commander trailer. There's the original, DIA, Powered, and Shadow ones - did they actually make an SG Commander? Or was that wholly done by whoever makes the KOs? The one I ordered was this one, as it looked a little better than the other I saw (though it was also only $30 at the time, guess I caught a sale).

5. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    what's the mini-Unicron from?

6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want to say I appreciate you putting links up. I've been looking to get the KO, but I'm not to familiar with where too find such a thing, and just searching in google wasn't returning anything useful for me. Thanks!

7. goobahead1

goobahead1 chug enthusiast

Ebay:
    botcon customization class 2008 and 2009

does any1 have nightbeat or thunderclash

8. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    If you're wanting to buy those figures, expect to pay 1k at the very least (if you can find them that is). Customization Class figures are fewer in quantity than the regular exclusives and command VERY HIGH prices.

This was the figure that I bought.
    Transformers High Grade Kodx Classic Henkei Botcon Shattered Glass Optimus Prime | eBay

Since its a V3, the NFS is absent of the figure.

9. goobahead1

Ebay:
    hey there guy im so HAPPIE!

i may have just bought shattered glass optimus prime and maketoys battle tanker sg sp for $265

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Feel disgusted when some of the SG figures are being KO,hence making the figure no value.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    FP never made one, that was by the KO company.

12. goobahead1

Ebay:
    i say KO-S ARE BAD!

there evil.

13. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

While generally I'd agree, it doesn't seem to work that way with the SG figures. There are only two that have been KO'd - three if you count Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus separately. And yet the official figures still sell for super high prices, despite the fact that there are KOs out there. The other is the 2008 SG Optimus, which again is still expensive, assuming you can even find one separate from the box set. Many collectors will pay extra for genuine products regardless of how cheap the knock-offs are.

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks. It's situations like this that I think make KOs a bit of an odd duck - instead of it just being a blatant copy of an existing product, it's a product that technically was never available. So it's like a new product. Except it isn't, because it's like one that came before, in different colors. Which makes it new. Ish. :confused: 

14. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I don't think it just applies to SG figures, but a whole lot of figures in general. There are tons of G1 KOs, but they hardly affect the prices of the figures of the original. You're correct though, collectors who really want the figure will still go after the original, if ever the KO will simply act as a placeholder - case in point - the original SG Prime has been KOed by 3 different companies if I remember correctly, and he's probably the single most expensive Botcon figure right after Dawn of Future's Past Megatron.

Yeah it's a funny thing. The KO company actually producing something new-ish, but it has happened before. The Heero toys WSTs for example.

15. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    I used to think so too, then I saw SG Optimus's going price and had the ability to get the KO for 60 bucks. I quickly changed my tune at that point. I'm willing to bet you're sort of new to this whole thing, and when you can't find an SG OP cheaper than $500, you'll start to consider the KO version. Same with SG Roddy and the Shadow Scythe armor.

16. Star Saber

News Credits:
    He did something slightly better though, he opted for the more expensive (but still cheaper than the first) genuine Shattered Glass Laser Optimus Prime

17. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    He says he MAY HAVE purchased that version of SG Prime. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming he's thinking about picking it up or something. Either way, that's a pretty decent price for the figure plus armor.

18. goobahead1

Ebay:
    i have it in my ebay cart

and just need to wait until my money comes in (about 2-3 hours then im buying it)

19. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm okay with those being KO'ed for one big reason: customizing. I'm not about to take a paint brush to a $600 figure. And the KO SG Rodimus looks awesome with KO Wildrider's chrome parts swapped in.

20. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    Well in that case, congrats. That's actually a really good price for it. Did you manage to track down any more SG figs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.