Customs: Sharpie pens for customs...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Hound02, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hound02

Hound02 Well-Known Member

Yo guys,

So I've never done a custom but am thinking of picking up a Gen Drift and trying to make it into a Springer... however - I've never really painted - do you think using multi-coloured Sharpie Pens would work or is that Stupid??

Any advice appreciated!!

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It never really looks right to sharpie an entire figure. Sharpies and paint pens tend to work better for detailing and panel lining. I would invest in the paint. Just teach yourself how to paint. There are also plenty of tutorials here. Experiment on junkers until you feel comfortable doing it on a figure you're likely to keep in your collection. Remember, all skills are acquired through practice and experience.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

Here's an example of this idea. I used a silver sharpie to bring out the missiles on Generations Thunderwing's gunpods:
    [​IMG]

However, they have problems as outlined in the thread Fishdirt posted. One thing I noticed in particular with the metallic silver I used in the above example is that it's bad about leaving tip streaks and can be tough to keep even, not to mention apply in small areas due to the size of the tip (though that could be mitigated by simply cutting the tip to sharpen it).

Attached Files: