Customs: Sharpie Extra Fine Water Based Paint Markers?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by reluttr, Nov 11, 2009.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will these work alright for panel lining? Because in the tutorials section I have seen recommendations for the Rose-art paint markers and some other paint markers. But I have heard not to use sharpies because they can change the color of some plastics, however the "metalic" sharpies work since they are paint.

So here is my problem, I found these "water based paint poster markers" on amazon, and according to the description they are a water based paint. But they do not state what kind of paint the markers are and there is practically no information on if these paint markers are safe for plastic or even if it adheres to plastic. I would just buy some Deco Color paint pens, but they are not nearly as affordable as the sharpie water based paint pens.

So has anyone tried these pens?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

If they're water based, I'd assume they're Gouache.

Can't tell you how they are on TFs or plastics in general, I only ever used gouache paints on paper and canvas.

3. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the rose art prices are anything like their crayons then they're fairly cheap, and you can get 'em in just about any store. Why not just pick those up?

4. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because they dont seem to make any colorsharp markers anymore :( 

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Head to your local Micheal's. You'll find a sets and individually sold Micron Pens that are the best for panel lining IMO. They're are SUPER thin and fairly durable, as long as you don't apply to much pressure.

Wal-mart carries a set of pens called Millenium by Zig Memory Systems, you'll find them in the aisle with the marriage invitations in the Arts and Crafts systems.