Sharp drop seen in children’s bullying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpencimusPrime, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Maybe the physical beating is gone, but bullying is far from rare.

I deal with it everyday. Go figure.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Hurray for less physical bullying! Now to tackle non-physical bullying.

I deal with that sh*t every day.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Like all adults I've spoken with say, you're gonna put up with assholes in life. Just got to deal with it. How you deal with it is up to you.

1. There are the annoying assholes who will, of course, annoy you constantly. Don't even acknowledge their existence and they'll leave you alone.
    2. There are the assholes who think they're all hot shit and better than everyone. They bother you alot but most likely don't want a confrontation because they're complete pussies. Consider telling the principal/guidance counselor to solve the issue.
    3. Now there are assholes who you've tried everything possible to get them to leave you alone. No matter what you do or who you tell, they're not going to stop. What's that leave you with? Relentlessly beating the shit out of them into a pulpy mass of flesh. Ok maybe not that severe :lol  but a punch straight to the face, whether or not you break their nose, knock out some teeth, bloody lip or a black eye, will do some damage.

Actually, what is useful. Grab them by the head. Put both your hands on each side of their head and throw them in a direction. They'll lose their balance easily and topple over like a wall made of bricks. Don't kick though, you may hate the kid with a passion and want to kill him, but killing him with a swift hard kick to the temple or the neck won't do any good to the situation you're currently in.

I've put up with tons of bullies and solved the problem in every way. As you get older, the "fight" option becomes a last resort due to the consequences you'll face. Try to avoid a confrontation, but NEVER approach them first. If they approach you and put one finger on you, clean their clock. It looks better that you tried to avoid it and the fact that you beat up the school douchebag makes you popular. Make sure you have witnesses too, to back you up when you get in trouble.

4. kraven

kraven Decepticon

All of us here see bullying all the time. I see people posting rude comments all the time on this very site for no good reason. Just to be jerks and make themselves feel better I reckon. Not cool.

Atleast physical bullying is down, that is good news.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    My God..... that's perfect.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    My experience with anti-bullying campaigns was that they were all about telling adults, ringing helplines and generally playing the victim card.

I always felt there's a lot more that could be done to empower people to deal with these things themselves. These are issues you have to deal with for much of life. I may have simply been lucky, but in my experience, the vast majority of taunts and provocations could be laughed off or brushed off without loosing face or escalating the situation.

But in the heat of the moment it isn't always easy to say the right thing, or react in the best way, and unfortunately some people through their reactions make themselves a magnet for bullying. I've seen this happen to some people, and they can end up either totally submissive or constantly on the defensive. The longer it goes on, the harder it is to break the cycle.

It's wrong of course to blame the victim, but victims need help to develop the social skills to ensure that they do not become repeat victims. And not just the victims of bullying, everyone needs to play a part in creating a socially inclusive environment. I still regret a few occaisions were I became complicit by not sticking up for another kid.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Not that I am condoning Bullying, but how many times have you heard about a famous person who was bullied as a kid and then grew up to be successful and popular.

Again, not that is it right, just wondering what our world would be like if bullied people didn't have something to rise above and push them to succeed.

8. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I think the statistics lie, that or the kids are. It said "Sharp drop" but how can that be when there are more kids coming up from baby boomers, in some areas less teachers and overcrowded class rooms...

There might be the threat of school shooters but I doubt kids are gonna see this as an example (nor be smart enough to foresee such happenings). Kids are always gonna be kids, they'll fight, bully, play, etc etc

Yah, I'm optimistic and stuff. lol

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, its now done online.