Share your very first transformers memory

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Share your very first transformers memory here. How old were you? Which generation was your first? Which toy was your first? Whatever you can think of.

2. hulk23869

I was 10 (I think). We were at TRU and my little brother saw Rattrap(the original) on the shelf for five bucks. We were poor back then and it was a big purchase. It was either me getting my hungry hungry hippos or my brother getting rattrap. We went with the rattrap and I wasn't happy. (I got my hungry hungry hippos a week later). Anyway, I got accustomed to playing with my brother's rattrap and we wore the paint off of it quickly. First we lost the gun, then slowly a leg, and soon enough the whole inside of the shell was missing and he only had a beast mode. When we'd pull the tail up for robot mode, it just looked like a flying rat, because the robot inside was gone! Years later, I bought Rattrap off Ebay for 30 bucks MOSC. Planning on giving it to my brother this Christmas.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Found a G1 Starscream at Sears one day while browsing the toy dept. Bought it, got it home and proudly displayed it. It was lost in one of many moves over many years, but I still remember my excitement at having my favorite character at last!

4. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

I was 9 and it was G1 Starscream. For a little kid I was very meticulous in putting the decals on. Had it till I was 13, when by some act of witchcraft, while I was gone for a week during the summer, all my toys disappeared.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was at my Aunt's house, my mother gave me my first transformer from my cousins toy chest, I have it to this day.

In a nutshell that's it.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    hulk, I realize you're new here. And I do appreciate your enthusiasm for TFs. But this topic is what's known in fandom as a "FAQ," or as comic book/animation writer and voice director Mark Evanier would call an "IAQ" (Incessantly Asked Question).

Forum search is your friend. I highly recommend it.

This is such a popular topic, in fact, that after this topic came up just a couple weeks ago that I took the time to go through the archives and tag dozens of posts with "memory", "memories" and "started."

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I have shared my first TF memory here so many times that other members can probably quote me.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm a nostalgic kinda guy or I wouldn't hang around here so often, and I love sharing TF-related memories and reading about other fans' experiences. But certain topics get asked so much that starting a new thread about it seems unnecessary.

7. hulk23869

No one is asking you to participate in my thread. If a MOD has an issue with it then they can simply remove it. You should also search "Troll" while you're looking up your web definitions.

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first day the first episode of the G1 cartoon came on. I was in awe and it started something that 26 years later at 32, I am still into. I'll never forget that and am thankful I was one of the guys who was there in the beginning.

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Born in 1980, one of my fondest memories was an incident regarding my older brother's Metroplex, anyone who grew up in the 80's knows that toy particularly had a lot of complaints about the waist joint , it got broken easily! Anyway my dad and older brother and sister went on holiday for 2 weeks, my brother left his metroplex in robot mode on display and told me specifically not to touch it, for great part of the 2 weeks I resisted then on the day he was arriving from his holiday, I dont now what possessed me, I finally gave in to my urges and decided to transform Metroplex, while in the process I heard that infamous waist snap noise, then the tears started rolling down my cheeks, my mom saw it and had the utter look of disappointment on her face. When my brother came home and saw it he gave me his piece of mind which even brought more tears. But I think I cried because I really liked Metroplex than the fact that I had broken my older brother's toy.

Other fond memories involve my brothers and I rushing to tape episodes of G1 every morining at about 6 am. In the UK it featured on this programme called the Timmy Mallet show and what they use to do was cut down the episode to 6 or 7 minutes, I think, so it would spread for about three or four days. Man!!!!Those few minutes of G1 every morning was just pure ecstasty, heaven. Damn those were the good ol days!

Other memories include my family and I going to the toy shops. And I remember sitting on the shop floors just looking and drooling at all those G1 figures well arranged on the shelves. I come from a very big family so it was difficult for the old man to please everyone everytime we went out, so you had to pick usually what you really liked! Transformers were also very expensive back then I remember buying Triggerhappy for £17.99!!! I'll have to say that this memory is what made me start collecting again- to have toys I couldn't have back then!

Another memory involved my collection of the protectobots. They were the first combiner group in which I bought every piece seperately. The first four were relatively easy to obtain but the last piece hotspot was rather pricey and I had used up all my transformer credit with both my parents, then an uncle of mine whom I was not too fond of and vice versa visited and then I asked him to buy it and he agreed. A couple of hours later he came back with it to my own suprise. I didnt think he would buy it, it was quite a gamble but anyway I was ust celebrating and my new Defensor!

G1 Jazz, I honestly don't even remember when I got this guy, all I remember is that he was my first ever transformer. And I've had him a staggering 5 times since then. Damn the guy had it in for himself damaged by myself, a friend or even stolen my G1 Jazz's have experienced it all. One of my personal sentimental favourites!

10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    The first would have to be seeing some of the first Beast Wars episodes. The second is getting BM McDonald's Jetstorm in my Happy Meal.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It is not "trolling" to suggest that someone use search before posting, and to consider that a topic might possibly have already been discussed. In 25 years of fandom, it's hard to find a question that *hasn't* been asked.

Seriously, Valkysas just asked this question barely a week ago. A simple forum search on "memory" or "memories" would've brought it to the top.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not way to Long, my first Memory was Seeing the First movie Trailer
    First toy is Movie Boencrusher
    first Generation is Movie-verse (And its the Only Continuty i have seen)

13. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not 100% sure, but the earliest I can remember is watching the G1 cartoon. We had a few VHS tapes with season 1 and early season 2 episodes. I fell in love with the cartoon. I used to push my made up shoulder eject button and made transforming sounds all the time. My earliest toy memory is playing around with G1 Ironhide, my friend had a oversized gold Sideswipe. At least I think it was Sideswipe... probably some sort of KO.

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    It was sometime in 1984, I was kinda bored and turned on the TV, the G1 cartoon was just starting, I really loved the theme song and became hooked on the show itself. I was already a robot enthusiast long before, a fan of Voltes V and other Japanese robots, but the concept of transforming cybernetic organisms really piqued my interest. :) 

15. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I was two, a great aunt was visiting from England and brought me Blurr. It's pretty much been downhill from there.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Uh, haven't we already done this?

17. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Don't be a troll! J/K :D 

Seriously though, one of my few specific memories of early TFs was the Devastator gift set I got for Christmas. I gotta put up a pic of me holding it for the camera, wearing baggy-ass long-johns, lol.

Man, I wish I still had that...

18. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Actually, that thread asked for Transformers Memories, not "first" memories specifically. Multiple threads along the same topic are a given in public forums, so I'm going to leave this as it is and forgo the summary executions. I do ask that if you see something you see is a problem or needing attention that you use the report function instead of making a stink about it and possibly derailing a thread.

That said, I don't have a first memory, I was young enough when the show and toys first came out that Transformers were just always kind of there. I remember watching the TV show with my mom, and my dad the engineer PhD explaining how cool the toys were to me when I just wanted to play. I had a fair share of toys, but didn't get any until later in the run. I'm pretty sure my first two figures were Grapple and Cosmos, both were birthday presents if I remember right.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Ah, Transformers: Armada. If I wasn't so young and stupid, I wouldn't be as attracted to Tranformers as I am today. (Yes, I'm insinuating that it takes a young, stupid child to like Armada.)

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Mom look at this!!!"

And then, there he was, my old plastic pal, Razorclaw.