Share your funniest experiences that occurred when you were toy hunting!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought it would be fun to hear some of the experiences you guys had when you were hunting for TF toys.

Here's my two cents.

When G1 repainted Jazz Movie deluxe came out I went to hunt for it. I used a DCPI number to find it in the backroom of a Target.

I wanted to get two but they wouldn't let me!
    They said, "Rules are only 1 collectible per customer." :sly: 

I was calm & cool, especially since I had a sister around, so I went and told her to get one for me. :ev: 

Next thing the Target people say to me was, "Sorry, rules are one collectible per family." :banghead: 

2. newguy

newguy i

Living by a target whitch is in suronded by houses i have to fase the hordes of little rich kids that have to have a Transformers. In the early months of the movies realese getting ironhide and Ratchet seemed imposible. the only possible way to get these figures is to run to the back as quikly as possible without getting cought by Target guys (running in stores isnt aloud) so in the distance people see a little 12 year old (me 13 now) running down the halls in target. when you reached the iasle you had to get past the moms and 5 yearolds. being tall and kind of skinny (its a lot easier when your skinny) i could reach over andslide in places and the advatage of fighting for a toy with a 5 year old you can reach the top rack and push the kids away with you leg. It was like this every time. Now im taller and skinnier so im ready to fight the % yearolds when transformers revenge of the Fallen comes out.

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not trying to be mean....
    When you see red dots under your words that means you've misspelled :) 

4. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not trying to be mean....
    When you see red dots under your words that means you've misspelled :) 

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I was once yelled by a young walmart employee for opening a box of Armada Mini-con re-paints and taking what I wanted. She was really pissed at me for some reason. I figured I was making her job easier...:lol 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Me and a Zellers employee had a delightful chat one day after I found some RH I was looking for. Apparantly her son was a huge fan for a while and had seen the movie and loved it. She wondered if he would like if she got him some of the figures from the new movie. I helped her out, then a kid ran up holding Leader Megs in it's box and said:

"YEAH! Megatron from the movie!" And walked away. I have no idea even now if he was adding to the conversation, making a recommendation or just really proud of himself. He was like four.

7. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was at Walmart, I look up at the very top shelf and I see Stockade from the movie line. I wanted him so I jump up to get it but he slips out of my hand and almost hits a mother buying TF's for her kid. oops. then I realize there was a couple of Stockade's on the peg..

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Threads like these go in Transformers Toy discussion.

9. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I have a recent story.

The day before everyone started seeing the 2 packs around US retail, my buddy and I were at Walmart looking for some voyagers. I didn’t have Megatron or Bulkhead yet. We saw a few cases of the 2 pack sitting on the floor so we grabbed it took it to a guy at the front so he could open it for us to make sure they were in the system. Well the tard was forcing them out the box kind of messing up the package…but he scanned it and told us that we would buy it. Semi upset with his care of removing the packages from the case, we walked back to see if we could open another one. Luckily my friend had put that open case down a few rows away from where the cases were. So we see a Walmart grab the dolly thing the cases were on and asked if we could grab one of the cases before she took it back and she told us they weren’t in the system yet and that we couldn’t buy them till they were put on the floor. We just laughed and walked up to the front with the already open case and got em a day early haha.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This one's kind of old, when I first went to pick up Supreme Class Cybertron Starscream, the clerk actually knew who he was and on top of that said "Hey, that's the crown he wore in the movie, right?" I was a bit shocked to find a Transformers fan working at a TRU, but we had a nice conversation while she rang up my screamer.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Went to Walmart to see what stuff they had. No TFs, but bought some candy. While waiting in line, I notice the woman in front of me has several ironing boards AND thinks she's waiting in two lines at once. Needless to say, I walk around her and exit the store several minutes before her.

She was pretty disgusted. I thought to myself... "If you're that much better than me, why the hell are you at Walmart in the first place?"

That's the condensed version... The extended version mentions what I bought... As well as the mentally challenged cashier... And the head cashier giving me permission to move into the other line. Couple other things, too... It's posted somewhere here. Kinda old, though.

12. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I had an experience similar to, no, exactly like Split Lip's. I was hunting for Iron Man toys when a kid ran up and said "WOW!!!1!! You like Iron Man! Iron Man is awesome!" and then he ran off. I was very confused after that.

I was at Wal*Mart and I saw two kids holding a deluxe Brawl and saying "We can pretend this is Bulkhead!" It made me sad.

With the kiiddy aesthetic of the Animated toys, I can imagine this will become a very hot thread.

13. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

lol, you planned on stealing?

how did you get in the back? did you work there?

14. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heres what happened to me.

One day I went on a pleasant walk to Wal*Mart and saw movie wreckage there. As I was about to grab him some snotty 9-year-old nabbed it, went through the pegs to see if there were anymore, then he took the three other ones he found and ran away with them laughing at me. I didn't care because the little jerk didn't realize that two of the three figures he snatched were Wreckage, while the third one was a '76 camaro BB. There was a wreckage right behind where the BB was. But the funniest part is that when I went up to the cashier to pay, I saw the boy fight with his mom to get all four, for reasons unknown. He ended up getting none. Long story, eh? Ha.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Heh, nope, just waiting for new toys made me into a rabid fan-boy willing to do anything for new transformers...

16. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, employee went to the back and only would pull out 1 for me

17. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You fought 5 year olds for toys? That's pathetic dude. Don't complain about "rich little kids" when you're still a snotty kid yourself.

Anyway, I remember going to Target one day and looking at the Movie Deluxes. There was really nothing I wanted, since at that point I'd already gotten somewhat sick of the Movie line. I did however spot a mom and her less than ten year old kid looking over the toys and trying to pick which one was best. Somehow the kid had it set that he wanted Bonecrusher, and for some strange reason the mom kept trying to convince him to get "the tank" (Deluxe Brawl). I ended up standing there listening to the whole conversation and rooting for the little kid, and damn, he knew his stuff about how much Brawl sucked and Bonecrusher was a better toy in every way. I hadn't known better, I would've sworn he posted here.

But yeah, he ended up getting Bonecrusher, and I couldn't help but smile a little inside. Bonecrusher really deserved more love.

18. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Yeah, i don't get why parents have to convince kids to get a different toy than what they want. Sure, if it was more expensive, then i'd understand, but they're both deluxes. What's the issue?

I remember hunting down the Concept Camaro '08 BB with my friend when it just came out. I went to the toys dept and saw plenty of Dreadwings and Arcees, but no BB. Not wanting to give up, i asked the sales assistant if they had any stock in their storeroom and she went to check. turns out they did, but there was only ONE left. Me and my friend ended up playing rock paper scissors to decide who got it. LOL, was he bummed....

19. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rock, paper, scissors! ftw! :lol 

20. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Well, at TFCon 2008, I was frantically searching for a Waspinator. I found one in a dollar bin, but with no wings, so I didn't quite want it. I walk by a couple minutes later and found someone playing with it, while the booth owner says "his wings are in that bin"

I end up finding Waspinator later, but 24$ more than I could have payed for him. But it was Telemocha I got in the end, so hooray.

And one time while browsing the TF's, I saw a couple guys I want, I turnaround for a sec to look at other stuff, and someone walks away with them. I think it was Scorponok and 77 BB. I have BB now though, found a huge boatload of a shipment.

Awww.... Near me I have an easy time finding animated. Movie's starting to die.

Brawl as Bulkhead? Interesting choice. Hey, but I use Armada Screamer as a movie fill-in.