Customs: Shapeways idea challenge thread!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ellamin, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Zoingo

Zoingo Newby customizer

POTP Sinnertwin into a generic lion/tiger bot.
    This set would allow the consumer to convert POTP Sinnertwin into a lion/tiger bot of their choice; some examples being Leo Breaker, Razor Claw, or Rampage to name a few.

This set would include a new tail and a new beast mode head. In addition, but not necessary for the conversion, arm fillers, new back legs, and new robot heads.
    For this set to work, three pins would have to be punched out: One on either side of the figures current tail, and one at the base of the two dragon heads.
    Obviously, the consumer would have to repaint the figure as they see fit

With this modification, the figure's back would become the new chest, as the beast mode head would face outwards from the back. (May attempt to sketch up a diagram later.)
    The Lion/tiger head would have to be on a hinge and swivel so that it is orientated correctly to face outwards from the figures official back.

2. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Ok so I have something simple to ask in case it hasnt been done before. You know those little matrix items that come with Power of Prime Optimus and Rodimus? I need someone to do one for the Enigma and the Decepticon/Chaos Matrix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Yankee0

Yankee0 Wholesaler of Beryllium Baloney since 1984

Had a little play around whilst at work, would something like this be what you are after? Would just replace the plug in in bit in the middle, although may have to have a play around with the sizing of the spiky bits to try and ensure that it fits in a chest, when I get home and can measure things. Screenshot_20180620-182150_Qubism.jpg

4. Yankee0

It occurred to me that it might be nice for the - Matrixs? Matrices? Matrixeses? - Whatever the plural of a Matrix is to actually be hekd by a figure, hence I have added the attached handles which should plug in to a 5mm hand port and then into the matrix itself.

I have only ever done any shapeways work for myself, so please let me know if this is of any interest to you or if there are any alterations you might like and I will make the final measurements and adjustments and get a prototype made up.

Screenshot_20180620-235607_Qubism.jpg Screenshot_20180620-235529_Qubism.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom

Evergreen Barricade head for TLK Barricade.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    wing extensions for Potp swoop and Cuhthroat. just enough to have the cloak around robot mode for that gundamdeathscythe look.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Cybertron Lugnutz head for PotP Wreck-Gar. We're in need of more decepticon limbs.
    cybLugnutz.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yankee0

Well the protoypes arrived today, rather pleased with how they turned out... The 'arms' for the Decepticon matrix are a little fragile though and rather spiky!

The actual matrix/enigma parts are deliberately a little loose going in to the existing matrix holders, allowing for the added thickness of painting without needing to sand the whole thing down.

If anyone does fancy these, please let me know and I will get them up and available on shapeways.

20180628_162927.jpg 20180628_163034.jpg 20180628_164934.jpg 20180628_165218.jpg 20180628_165423.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Pretty cool. Though just to clarify my description about the Enigma I meant make it a frame for the POTP piece. Same as the Matrix frame for it's core.

Though to be fair I'm not sure hoe that could be done give its simple design :/

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yankee0

I think I see what you mean, had a little play around and came up with this as a rough idea...

Screenshot_20180630-015627_Qubism.jpg
    Then the POTP piece can slot in via the back.

Screenshot_20180630-015639_Qubism.jpg
    Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Only thing I would worry about would be the clearance between the raised detailing on the POTP piece meaning the front of the frame is raised by 2mm which might effect how well it fits in the chest compartments.

11. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Exactly what i was thinking. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yankee0

Splendid, bit of detailing and a few measurements and it will be ready to prorotype.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

How much would it cost to get someone to make me some custom parts for PotP Optimus?

I don't really care that much about the smaller Primal as I'm never going to display it that way anyway but I would like...

Wheels for the legs and a front wheel that can be attached and stored in place of the monkey head to give him his tank mode in place of the ape mode.

And most importantly a new head sculpt for robot mode to make him look like Optimal Megatron from Beast Machines.

Preferably I'd like fully painted pieces and I'll just attach them myself as that would make it easier on my wallet and being color blind I'm sure you'd do a much better job at color matching the paint than I ever could.

Last part is completely optional but if you can redesign the smaller Primal to resemble a Control Harness Megatron that'd be good too. I'm expecting this to be kinda costly since it's essentially an entirely new figure but as I said earlier it's not essential as he's most likely to always be displayed in one of the three Optimal Megatron modes.

Would like a rough estimate on your prices for the work before you start actually making anything. Depending on the price I might try other options. Might not look as good but I don't think I'm ever going to get Optimal Megatron without customizing at this point. So if anyone can help me out with some cheap options for replacement parts that's be appreciated thanks.

14. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that prime wars blast-off is out and reaching the masses I'd love to see a new set of G1 toy style feet. The current ones don't really match Hasbro's toy-styled deco and assembly plus it'd help clean up the weak shuttle mode if only slightly.

15. marvel b

News Credits:
    I challenge people to make some new Primemaster armor shells so we can give Onyx, Prima, Nexus, Amalgamous and the thirteenth Prime some armor, too!

i would be perfectly fine with just the folding bit being replaced. maybe based on waverider, groundbreaker,bugly, iguanus or other pretenders... i dunno..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mister Gribsby

Mister Gribsby QT- series automaton

How about a new head for SS Stinger along the lines of (in order of how much I desire their heads for Stinger) BW Inferno, a Lockdown minion, or G1 Wildrider? Having lost the included one, I need a new head for the guy and, as much as I love his sweet alternate automotive mode, I do not want it to seem like he was just hit with the Transfixatron and forgotten.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  17. marvel b

News Credits:
    okay, here's one.

we need replacement chests for when (not if) PotP moonracer/novastar chest bits break. jazz and grimlock bits would be nice, too, but that's a LOT of bits...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  18. Gauntletblade

Gauntletblade Wrecker

I'd love a head that fits Prime Darksteel and looks like TF Go! Bakudora. Darksteel's neck is a 5mm balljoint.

19. Shockscream13

Shockscream13 Obsessed with combiners

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's pretty serious!

20. marvel b

News Credits:
    seeing a new custom in the radicons, I challenge someone to make a TR blurr mold to combiner arm port, using that hole in the back of the figure. this will give us a blurr, arcee, nautica and brainstorm arm for combiners. I imagine a part goes inside the chest through the back, allowing another part to act as an up to down ratchet. after that, you could you a 5mm plug combiner port part for the 360 rotation. another part would be needed for the hands, though....