Shane McCarthy Talks to Comix Fan About All Hail Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, May 6, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. GrantB

GrantB Drink it

News Credits:
    Why do you have to paste the entire thing here? The story is published over there; isn't the link enough?

It's their exclusive, not yours. Why deprive them of their clicks and ad revenue?

UPDATE: GLAD TO SEE YOU FIXED IT!

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dude, Rule #14. I understand your point, but why don't you just use PMs?

4. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I'm very much looking forward to this story. I hope that IDW can have Comic Shop News do a center spread in their newsletter. I think this is just the sort of story to bring in new readers. One problem, I'm having issues with the IDW forums. Could someone start a thread with that suggestion?

Andrew

5. rabbid1

rabbid1 Well-Known Member

I might be willing to start picking up comics again. My curiosity is piqued.

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Geez, every interviewer has to ask about similarities with the Sunbow cartoon? Can't we move on and forget that? It was nice when we were 10 years old, but there was - even in 1984 - TF material that was much more sophisticated than that. And comic-reading kids of today who liked TFs are most likely familiar with the DW, IDW and Devil's Due versions as well. The G1 cartoon is probably the one TF mythos with the least bit of continuity in it (in comparison, the Marvel Comics already established things like the Matrix and Primus years ago, while the cartoon had a creation origin pop out of nowhere in season 3).

I'm still curious about Shane's new versions of characters. They might be good, they might be bad. When I learned he'd be writing TF I read his Batman comics. While the story where Bruce has to save Alfred from Zsazs was pretty good, I was not particulary fond of his re-imagining of the Riddler (especially how he made the Riddler kill someone with his own hands, something Eddie always considered barbaric, that's what henchmen are for).

7. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I'm sure this is just fine. I personally love the old '84 version of the Tf cartoon but I also love the IDW version of the TF's, I love the details and the way they are drawn.