Shaky jump cam..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I have been trying to avoid major spoilers, but there has been something that I have heard that is really bothering me. Some people have mentioned the action scenes being to blurry and shaky. This scares me. I am seeing the movie in 3 days but I just want to know how bad it is. Gladiator, Resident Evil 2, and more recently 28 weeks later all used shaky jump cam (as I like to call it), which proves to make action scenes ablsolutely worthless since the only way you know what happened is the aftermath. They also give me a headache. I guess I just want to know before hand if I am going to be dissapointed in the action scenes?

Personally, whoever started that, whoevers teaching this in film school, and whatever director allows it to be used abundantly in their movies should reevlauate their spirituality and find a higher power that can direct them towards a more holy path.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its hard for us to help you with that...compared to Gladiator, I personally found the camera to be more shaky...so much so that I found the interactions with the TFs to be more enjoyable but...that's just me. I'm sure there are others who didn't mind the shakes...anyway, just go and enjoy the movie, dude! :D 

3. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I will enjoy the movie regardless. It's just that it's almost like a personal offense to me (I know its not). I have been very verbal whenever a movie does this and all my friends know it, inluding those who will be with me there. Its just, I would like to meet a director who let that happen and see what they were going for because I just don't get it.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get your point then...I think you should be ready for some shakes! Some folks compare it to the car chase as seen in the Rock! XD

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Just dont sit in the first 5 rows. I find with action movies like this I like to go from about the center of the middle rows to the back.

Then it wont bother you that much.

6. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

I have a good eye so it probably won't bother me.

7. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

it's like war-documentary-shaky. hehe.

8. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    i made a mistake by picking a 7th row tickets. in some moments it was literaly imposible to see what was happenin':S i know it adds that chaos feeling but i reaaly wanted to see great cgi robots in action not bloory pile of limbs and explosions. dpont get me wrong the movie is awesoome, just dont watch it too close to the screen;) 

9. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I appreciate the heads up. Can anyone else maybe tell me who has seen maybe Resident Evil 2 or 28 Weeks later how it compares? I didn't see The Island, but I don't recall having problems follwing the action in Bad Boys, Armageddon, or The Rock.

EDIT: Of course i mean how the compare to with shaky jump cam, not overall movie.

10. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    Im almost sure it was more shaky then in Resi2 movie tho its been quite a long time since ive seen it.