shadow2879

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optimusprime42, May 20, 2008.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    shadow2879/ update about shadow 2879

he's a member on bays site

To those of you that don’t know me, my board name is Specter 1980. My real name is Steve and I wanted to post that a dear friend of mine and a friend of a lot of yours, Shadow2879 is in the hospital. Early this morning around 6am on the way into work he was in a car accident on the freeway. From what I have been able to find out through his family is that someone cut off a small truck carrying construction equipment. The truck slammed on its brakes but lost small pieces of equipment, tools and materials. Some of this material was rebar. Not that I think anyone here is dumb and don’t know what I’m talking about, but if you don’t know what rebar is, it’s the bar material they put into concrete and buildings to give the concrete something to harden to and keep it from crumbling. Anyway, large rods of rebar fell from the truck and a large 5 foot rod slid under Joe’s (Shadow’s) car and bounced up and ripped through the floorboard between the break and gas peddle and up into his lower left midsection. The fire department had to cut the bar in half to get him out of the car. The doctors said that if it would have penetrated just an inch further it would have went clean through. The good news is that no vital organs were hit and no real internal injury was done. He did lose a lot of blood and had to be given new blood. Also he has a broken collar bone, 6 broken ribs and some minor cuts on his face and forehead.

2. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    i hope he gets better soon! Send him my best wishes and tell him to get well seen.

3. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i will

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

All the best to his recovery and the handsome amount of money due to him for that construction truck's carelessness.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    holy crap man...wish him the best...and you might have a mod change the title, more people will check it out...

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    touching knee for him and his family. i don't pray much, but i do when a good person needs it.
    all the best.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a startlingly bad thing to happen to anyone. I am sorry and I wish he and his family the best.

8. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    fresh can you fix the title for me

9. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    Hay everyone. I just wanted to give you guys a update on Joe/Shadow. He’s doing remarkably well for someone who had an iron bar sticking out of his midsection. I don’t know what drives this guy to push through life but as long as I’ve known him he has always been a fast recovery type. I don’t know what higher being or power watches over this guy but Joe is truly one of a kind. This morning when he woke, the first thing that came out of his mouth was “I want pancakes!!” Now at this point I’m laughing my ass off and to make it worse Joe gets me in trouble with the doctor. Like I said for a guy who has just gone through all this shit, he sure has this aura about him. OK… so the doctor walks in and asks Joe how he feels and he says “I feel like I just got jumped in the back ally by a group of Autobots.” Again LMAO!!! What guy do you know says something like this after having surgery? So now the doc is looking at me like what’s wrong with him and now Joe is looking at me from behind the doc with this look on his face like I better go along with it. So I do and I look up at the doc after controlling my laughter and say “I don’t know what’s wrong with him!!! You’re the one giving him meds!!! What the hell did you give him?” Now I’m covering my face so the doc doesn’t see that I want to laugh as I continued to say, “Great now he thinks he’s a Transformer!!!” That was it, me and Joe busted out laughing and the doctor got pissed and stormed out the room. Joe laughed so hard that he started to cry because he hurt so much. Man I love this guy!!!