Shadow Fisher SF-M03 Hip Kibble Fix

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Big Bronze Rim, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I asked the guys at TCP about this last week and they said that SF was still making the kits but that they had been looking for places in the factory's schedule to fit it in. TCP did not have an estimate. So, "not soon" was how I read that. Makes sense in a way, I'm sure the factory was booked up well before the QC issue was found and it can't be easy booking time to essentially do a whole new run. Still, it is frustrating. I asked TCP because it had been hanging out there so long I was wondering if SF had maybe shrugged and decided to cut its losses and just not do a new run.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ooohh, I wonder if this means they'll fix the red.

3. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hopefully another run is done soon. I loved the fix for Ironhide, and need to buy & install set for Ratchet as well. Tremendous fix for the figure.

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I've had these on order with BBTS , for forever and a day . Are they ever going to become available ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

Was tired of waiting for bbts so I ordered one from a Chinese seller. Serves me right for going for the cheapest one, but it said the shipping could take months. That was like a month ago. Ebay said it shipped but the seller deleted their account and the item is no longer listed. Why is this kit so hard to get :mad: 

6. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trying to buy a kit that was recalled and buying from a scammer are two different things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    Finally got these in. Man... a world of difference. Such an easy fix. Why the hell couldnt TT just make these this way?

• Like Like x 3
  8. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

I thought the Ratchet was the one with the issue? I was just getting the Ironhide one.

9. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah it was just the Ratchet one. You should be fine with the Ironhide one as long as it’s a legit seller.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that. GO ahead and call Paypal for your refund claim.

In the meantime, here's a legit Ebay seller who has it. The seller is johosontony aka Uncle Billy. I've bought from him many times with no issues.
    Shadow fisher SF04 MP30 Upgrade kit,Restock! | eBay
    China Ebay Seller Check

Edit: This actually the 2nd run preorder.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  11. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

I haven't said anything to PayPal because it's estimated delivery is in late October. So idk what to do, but I do t want to wait that long either. Maybe I should order another and see what happens?

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I just noticed that the link I posted was for the 2nd wave preorder. Maybe check with a US retailer to see if they have any.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JD

JD Well-Known Member

The ebay seller I bought from at the end of August has also become an unregistered user with the items removed. Since it's now past the expected past of delivery, I make a formal request for a refund to them. If they don't respond by October 5, then I'll try getting ebay involved.

I might try ordering from johosontony after my issue with the other seller is resolved.

EDIT: Well that was quick.

Ebay decided to refund me straight away after noticing the seller didn't use a valid tracking number.

I'll try ordering from johosontony now.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If you paid for your Ebay order with Paypal then file your claim with Paypal and Paypal only and do it with a live agent over the phone. Getting Ebay involved only muddies up the process and they usually make you wait until the end of the delivery window for a refund. Just go straight thru Paypal over the phone since they can expedite the process:
    See their contact info here:
    China Ebay Seller Check

15. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Paypal is much more reasonable on these matters than eBay. With eBay, they will absolutely not try to do anything for you until the day after the expected delivery date, but with Paypal, just speak to a live agent, and as long as you can make a good case that something is up (fake tracking number, suddenly empty store, multiple reports from other people not receiving items), they will get on it right away.

16. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat. Had both on order with BBTS forever and they finally send me a V2 Ratchet kit but never the Ironhide. I waited and waited and finally just got it from Uncle Billy via Ebay. Not sure what the problem there was but just wanted to 2nd, if you can get it from him, you're good to go. He's the only one in China I order from anymore.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Really need an Ironhide. Only ever received my Ratchet kit from TCP.

18. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Well I don't need to do it anymore since Ebay refunded me already.

On the topic of Paypal though, the one time I tried to get a refund for an incorrect order, they sided in favor of the online seller after I got my refund because I had ticked an extra condition that didn't apply to my situation. I got to keep the refund because I had already sent the item back and the seller didn't contest, but paypal are definitely not always reliable. The situation was muddied further because the item I bought was the same character in the same toy line, just new mold.

Anyway, back to johosontony order, they just sent the ratchet set, but it looks like the estimated delivery could be anyway from October to December! I guess Ratchet may be getting new hips for Christmas. :p  Hope the Iron Hide set gets sent not too long after.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Baba and Netclow are legit too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tarphedon

Tarphedon Strategist

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Uncle Billy just shipped.