Shadow Fisher Assault Cuirass add on set.(picture review)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by tb-1599, Mar 26, 2015.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

So this is going to be my first review so please be kind..

So alot of us have FP Revolver Core but not the twins. So we missed out on the armor that came along with them..(Problem) Our only option. Hoping somebody is selling off the armor and doesn't want an arm and a leg.(Bigger Problem) Well along comes a company Shadow Fisher. (Problem Solved abit with a couple of minor issues).

This set is now available at most of the usual suspects. I just happen to get mine off of fleabay for a decent price, just had to wait a little bit for shipping..
    I finally got this set in my hands yesterday and I must say. It's worth it..
    On to the pictures...(please be kind I took these with my phone..)

"I do not have the original set so I have nothing to compare it to"

The box is pretty nice. It has a nice display window on one side.

A nice window showing off most of the items in the box...
    [​IMG]

The back has an interesting drawing depicting the set, almost sat morning cartoon like.. (kinda cutsey)
    [​IMG]

The clam shell removed...
    [​IMG]

The first thing I want to go over is the "combined mode"
    I think its good that the company wanted to do something with the parts when not being used. (I don't know if fans project had the same thought originally).

It has and ED209 vibe to it...I was able to find a spot for everything. Will it be put together like this again. Prob not..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The armored jeep mode is pretty good. There are a couple of issued with fitment..

As you can see the rear pegs do not really fit. (It almost feels like they had revolver core not transformed completely "off by one ratchet click")
    [​IMG]

The rear hooks that swing down and then slide in do, do a good job of keeping it secured in place... So It makes up for the misaligned tabs..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting all of his equipment on is like putting a puzzle together. It's possible but will take some doing..
    The cow catchers are die cast and have a very nice look to them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used handles of the war hammers as an exhaust system..
    (still rolls to)
    [​IMG]

Armor mode is a lot better.
    The pieces fit nice and tight. Nothing loose (at least not on my set.)
    [​IMG]

Pretty good trick with the tab so he can "hold" it.
    [​IMG]

Using some of the war hammer handles to make a sniper rifle..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double Wielding the hammers.
    (didnt realize this was the wrong picture. I will fix when I get home)
    Talk about a ban hammer..

So Pro and Cons..

Pro's....
    Less expensive than having to find and buy the twins..
    The die cast parts make a nice difference.
    The new rifle.
    Missle pods now open up..
    The plastic feels very good. I don't feel like its going to snap...
    The armor fits very nicely in bot mode.

Con's
    the only thing I personally have a problem with is lining up some of the pegs in alt mode...

Thanks for reading.. any comments and constructive crit always welcome..
    If you have any questions please ask...

2. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Nice review, with some nice pics showing off what you're talking about.

I just got this set today myself, and I love it. I can say that I absolutely do not have the same problem with the tabs in vehicle mode. They take some playing with to get lined up just right, but everything tabs together super well on my set.

The biggest problem I'm noticing is in the new rifle. There is a peg hole in the rifle barrel to attach the other weapons that is just a tiny bit too small. But that should be pretty easily fixable. Otherwise, this set is fantastic. So much more affordable than buying the twins, and I'm not stuck with two repaints (Don't get me wrong, Riftshot and Recoiler look nice, and I do love the Revolver mold. I'm just not a fan of having repaints in my collection except in rare circumstance).

Highly recommended.

3. tb-1599

Ok so maybe I have Revolver transformed wrong my self LOL. I will have to double check...

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input guys! I plan on getting a set to put on either Recoiler or Riftshot since the original set is already on my Revolver.

5. liuserboi

liuserboi Well-Known Member

Agreed. The tabs on mine fit into the vehicle mode pretty nicely. At first it did not, but after a while of adjusting, they tab in. This kit is great and an awesome alternative to buying the twins.

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Shut your damn mouth.

News Credits:
    I see the hammer photo as a repeat of the one above it. Anyone else see that?

7. tb-1599

Thanks for the catch.... I will fix it when I get home...

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Neat solution with the tab on the rifle so he's able to hold it while wearing the giant oven mitts (I hate how the stock armor gloves can't hold guns without some DIY modding). Shame about stuff not fitting 100% in alt mode though, and not sure if the price of admission is worth it just for the gun for me.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Got this set arriving next week! Can't wait!

10. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Just got mine in today. Awesome set and really makes Roadbuster complete. Your pics were a great manual since one want included in mine.

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I got my set today. Overall it is nice, but, the main gun should have tweaked more. It has a lot of posts and post holes, but they are not all uniform. This makes adding his other guns or missile pods very difficult if not impossible.

His new "gloves" and "boots" fit well in robot mode and give him a very a very bulky appearance. I think it gives him a Warhammer 40,000 esthetic and even more intimidating.

Vehicle mode wise, lining up all of the posts and pegs, is a nightmare. Once you do have them landed up and connected he looks more complete and finished. Finding places for all of the parts is a challenge as stated above, but not difficult. He looks bulked up and like a one-'Bot army. Overall I like the set.

12. wolfx

wolfx Well-Known Member

Hi.....have the original FP Armour set and planning to get another 2 of these babies to dress up Riftshot and Recoiler. Anyone done this and have photos to share? Group photo will be great. :D 

13. wolfx

wolfx Well-Known Member

Guess no one got extra 2 sets of this?

14. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Anyone else seeing the Thunder Tank with the claws extended on the armor in alt mode?

15. AzNtRoN89

AzNtRoN89 jdm autobot

Ebay:
    Nice review I just got revolver today in the mail bought him from a member on here it came with fp armor set from recoil and riftshot If I didn't have that armor I would pick up this set up man that sniper gun is badass