Shadow Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by conan050, Jan 4, 2011.

1. conan050

conan050 Well-Known Member

So I've been looking for an authentic Fansproject Shadow Commander for quite some time now. I have been checking pretty much daily a couple times a day on E Bay for one EXCEPT YESTERDAY. Lo and behold there were THREE of them that sold for $110 shipped (Fansproject Shadow Commander Mint in Box MIB - eBay (item 320638229878 end time Jan-03-11 13:11:13 PST))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML, this happens to me all the time, I waste all my time looking for good deals only to be hosed when I take a short break :mad . Sorry for venting but needed to say something.

PS. If you were one of the lucky ones to get one of these I'd pay $150;)  shipped for one.

2. Bruticus11

Bruticus11 White Elephant Hunter

Ebay:
    Man that was a great price, i paid alot more for mine awhile ago. Keep hunting my friend you will find it.... hang in there :) 

3. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:

This is why when I'm hunting and I feel I'm not gonna find anything at a store nearby, I quickly change my mind and check them out because the moment i decide not to go, that's when they have something. Of course, they don't have anything, but at least I know.

4. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

I know how you feel man. I've been trying to get him too.

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i got him just for the sword...then resold the armor on ebay a while ago.

that sword is fucking epic awesome!

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's much easier and less expensive to buy the KO armor if you just want the sword. I have a KO sword I bought from someone on TFW, and it's indistiguishable from the real one. At least, without scrutinizing too hard.

7. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bwegh...Shadow Commander's the only one of the three Convoy mold armors I don't have. I found one on ebay a while back for $130 and it turned out to be a KO. Granted I'd heard some stories about decent SC KO's, but damn, the armor wouldn't even stay attached and most of the panels didn't line up right.

Thank god for return & refund.

So for now, Nemesis Prime goes naked.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah well this was way back when the KO armor was not a option...It worked out fine..i got back all the $$$ i spent on it...and got a free sword.

9. abe_sapien

abe_sapien Well-Known Member

I was one of the lucky 3 that purchased this armor yesterday. Unlike the first poster, i only look on ebay about once a week. So i got real lucky.

10. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine from ebay for 259.00 shipped from a seller in maylasia a few months back, when I was still collecting these. I over paid way too much. at the time I had to get it, it was the only one I needed at the time to finish all the commanders. :( 

11. conan050

LMK when you get it and confirm its the real deal so I can kick myself in the face some more, LOL!!

12. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I read a report that says the newest factory moulds of TFC Powered Commander actually hold on the toy very well and are nearly as good as the real deal; and that if that is the case and they make some Nemesis stylee ones then that might be a better buy.
    I think the only 'major' issue with the old fake armour was the shoulders being to loose anyway and that was fixable with a bit of effort.

I'd certainly consider a fake armour even though I own the real deal and I'd use it with the bootleg Wonderfest Convoy as a Black Autobot Character (with a different face plate or head being used).

If your only planning on displaying it in armour mode is it worth paying $150.00-$300.00 for one ?

13. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wouldn't mind gettin a KO of Shadow Commander just for the sword. My KO Wonderfest Prime needs a kick arse sword. (may have to die it deep red to match)

14. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

At this point, i just want one period, I'd even settle for a knock off.

15. davehammer

davehammer Well-Known Member

I have a legit set that I might be willing to part with if the offer is right. The armour has only been assembled once and it also has a pair of Perfect Effect Shadow Warriors and the Shadow Demopack. If there is still interest, I can upload some pics

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Oh my! Took a breather only to miss the thing. :drunk 

I've got that happening to me to me a couple of times.

17. conan050

So I missed out again on Shadow Commander. There was one on EBay for $200 OBO +$28 shipping. This was more than I really wanted to spend but I figured I'd put an offer in for $172 to try and get it for an even $200. I get an e-mail saying it sold and I wasn't to pissed because I figure someone offered more then I wanted to spend. Then I saw it sold for a best offer of $170! That's $2 LESS than what I offered, what the hell!?!?!?!? It still would of been a little more than I wanted to spend but I get screwed yet again!

18. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

i just bought a city commander from a hobby shop while i was in malaysia on holiday and the guy assured me it was real but im pretty sure it was a ko but its still awesome and it was only 30$ so its a win win i suppose but what happened to you sucks but i hope you find one soon!

19. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's the takara primes that's mess up and not the ko armor? We did hear that the ko shadow Commader armor was good quality unlike the ko city commander.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ko is a ko, i got the shadow ko, it was crap, fell apart in bot mode all the time, 15 or more layers of nail polish did nothing for it