Shadow Command Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RyanGabriel, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RyanGabriel

RyanGabriel Well-Known Member

Hi fellow collectors, just want to ask if the Shadow command Megatron is that rare and hard to find? And for those who got one how Is it in person? I'm asking coz I notice it goes for a lot of money on evIlbay.

And I never saw one around my area.

Thanks

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Been discussed many times before.

Scarce relative to demand, people in a scramble because movie franchise is over for a while.

Also see previous comments such as:

'That thing shelfwarmed near me for ages, i wish i bought a few;

'Totally not worth it'

3. RyanGabriel

Oops my apologies if this been ask before. I'm been away from buying TFs for a number years and kinda catching up again.

4. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

it only got in demand when the 3rd movie wasnt going to carry a leader class megatron. i only have the leader class premium meg from the first movie. really wish they had made a megatron in rig mode

5. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want one because the color scheme. Am I the only one?

6. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    The new sound chip is nice too. "THERE IS NO COMMAND BUT MINE!" is pretty high quality and fitting.

7. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Its a good enough figure, provided youre aware of its flaws. Arm of death articulation (or lack of) & gimp arm being my minor peeves. Tank mode is better in person than pics, and being a dark figure, i dont really notice the "kibbletastic-randompiecesofscrapgluedtogether-gappyness" compared to the normal ROTF Megatron. Mine has a habit of making the missile firing noise on its own. Good for creeping the wife out.

I bought mine during the shelfwarm of "oh crap DOTM aint getting a leader.

8. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I didn't see too many around my area, much like the Deluxe N.E.S.T. figures. It probably shelf-warmed in some areas (maybe more to do with lack of demand at the time than quantity) and was rare in others. Either way it is a nice looking figure in person. If you can find one cheap then get it. Otherwise if you have to go to e-bay just skip it and use the $200-$300 on a lot of other stuff instead.

9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much hate as Leader megs gets (some well deserved) I gotta say, I like it alot.

I would have never owned one without seeing the AWESOME custom that a radicon did with putting Ravage on Megatrons Arm. It actually works WELL, and I think there was initially some design to do this. There is a spot on Megs arm, and Ravage that look like "they Almost planned it" but seemed to drop it for some reason.

Anyway, I wanted a leader megatron, and after I did tear into it, All the hate went away. He is actually really cool, and one TOUGH toy. Very nasty looking and the voice clips is cool as well.

I did the Arm mode where the claw folds around and such, its really great after you do some work on it.

These pics are NOT mine, But I actually copied this exact paint scheme on mine, along with ravage.

As the previous poster said, if you can get one cheap, YES...it IS cool. No way in hell would I pay over $40-$50 for the regular OR shadow command. The Shadow command IS a better looking Megatron, but I was painting mine anyway..

Mine is displayed with ravage on his arm, and it is just kick ass

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2012-06-23

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snake eyes - yeah, I really love the ROTF Leader Class Megatron mold! After getting over the left arm, I appreciate the overall aesthetic of this toy! How did you get Ravage to stay on his arm? Is there a method? It looks sweet and fits well into his overall design!

11. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

All I can say is I wish I bought them all at kmart when I shopped there during college last year.... goddammit

12. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    One of the members sigs, I think it was Kaijumaster (probably mispelled it), sums up Shadow Command Megatron perfectly.

"I did hate that figure"
    "Until I couldn't have it...."
    "And now I love that figure!"

Best sig on this site, because it's so true.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you TF ravage, in between the center body line there is a gao, that megatrons arm fits in. There is a wierd post perpendicular to his fingers that KINDA fits in between a certain spot in between ravages pelvis. There is also a slot the fingers of megatron fit through. Its TOO good not have been some sort of early plan that got dropped. Just like the transforming murder arm..you can clearly see there WAS a plan to make it transform, but for some reason was dropped. you can even see where the pins would have been on the hinge in the mold.

IMHO, Leader megs got shortchanged, and if he was made to have both the transforming murderarm, AND ravage combine mode, he would have been one of the MOST praised leaders.

SAME. I had one in may hands at wallys on clearance for $20 after I JUST bought the grey one and thought, "why do I want this?!?! Its just a silly repaint that will clog shelves for 2 years"

SHOOT ME

Now I want one BAAAAaaaaaad. The paint scheme on SC is sick as all hell. I didnt realize how GOOD it does look out of the box until I came home and watched reviews, then I went back to get it and he was gone.

SHOOT TWICE

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    :lol 

I think it'd be more accurate though if the last line went

"And now I WANT that figure!" :D 

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I've always been a fan of the RotF leader class Megatron mold. It's huge, imposing and has a lot of details.

16. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i wanted shadow command megatron from the first time it was revealed, it just i spent all my money on the toys r us reissue perceptor at the time...which broke a week after purchasing, i still havent replaced it :( 

17. RyanGabriel

Wow thats one awesome custom paint Megs. How I wish I have a talent for a such thing.

Thanks for all the insights guys. I decided to bite and working out a trade to a fellow local collector.